Hi Everyone, I need help my cabin hot air heater is making a noise.

terrypageterrypage Hamble UKPosts: 162Member ✭✭
I don't have a generator, the heater Is driven by diesel and is situated under the sink unit. By removing the trash bin I can see the unit but not a makers name. I would like to research the unit to discover any obvious reasons for its failure so I'm hoping someone has had a similar problem and can help. Thanks in advance.  Terry

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,374Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fan should be electric. The heat is made by burning diesel like a boiler??
  • terrypageterrypage Hamble UKPosts: 162Member ✭✭
    Thanks do you have any idea where I can find the makers name of the fan
    Probably have to remove the whole unit. Can you do that?
    Yes I can do. I was hoping to Google the unit before surgery so I knew what to expect. I have tried to find out from the "net" but no luck.
    Post some pics too when out
  • AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 1,832Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not OEM 
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 402Member ✭✭✭
    I was reading BoatUS the other day and they discussed the boats in the US North West coast in that these are built differently for the sea conditions but also mentioned that most are fitted with a diesel heater vs A/C found on the east coast based boats. Never heard of the diesel heater but sounds like a typical cold climate inclusion. I mention it only that searching for info from places up near Seattle, Vancouver, etc are may present some better results. 

Regards,

Ian

• WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 694Member ✭✭✭
    Diesel heaters are very popular in the sailing community and in Europe. Many years ago when I operated heavy equipment in an open pit gold mine all of the equipment cabs had auxiliary diesel heaters made by a company named Espar. They have a line of marine heaters also. Finicky beasts as I remember. When they worked, they worked well. Kinda off topic from original post, but just to point out that mobile diesel heaters are more prevalent than you'd think.
    "Knot Quite Shore"
    Thanks for all the advice, I just really need to know the blessed make.  Tomorrow I'll take the beast out.
    Nameplate on bottom probably