Share the music

randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,866Member ✭✭✭✭
What are you listing to while boating. I love all kinds of music, except rap, Showing my age here, this is only one of my favorites. One of the greatest collection of musical notes of all time.  Warning! you will get the munchies after listing to this. Hope you enjoy Comfortably Numb.

Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,115Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that song!  My brother and I performed together in a Pink Floyd cover band for a few years, and Comfortably Numb was always a great face-melting way to end a set.  

Uh, our light show was somewhat less spectacular than that one.
  • trip_ntrip_n Posts: 225Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    my wife is a floyd fan from way back= they were in kc in the 80's we tried winning tickets everyday calling the local radio station=we couldn't afford tix...its a great memory.
    were liking pandora plus............on the hook....what ever when ever you wanna hear
    @randy56 ; great video 
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 780Member ✭✭✭
    I’m a hip hop and country fan. I know two totally different kinds of music. I know a lot of people don’t like hip hop but what can I say I was a 80s baby growing up in the Detroit area. 
  • boatman37boatman37 Posts: 38Member
    80's music and rock. Been listening to alot of Donnie Iris (Donnie Iris & the Cruisers and The Jaggerz) lately (he lives about 10 miles from me and grew up across town from where I live now). Went to his concert in July and can't seem to quit listening to him now. I have been to another concert of his a few years back and sat with him backstage but for some reason this last time seemed to really get me hooked. Wife even makes fun of me for it...lol
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,866Member ✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea, that's cool, what instrument did you play? do you still play?
    @boatman Wife's will do that. I had a sound track CD of the musical RENT, when't to NYC to see it,  wore it out, lol.  

2003 - 270
  • skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 630Member ✭✭✭
    O.A.R
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    I'm a drummer.  The Pink Floyd project was a 7-person band, and I had a huge kit with electronics and a big set of roto-toms.  Every show was a major undertaking, so we didn't perform often, but man was it fun!

For most of my "career," I played blues rock (e.g., Stevie Ray Vaughan).  We played every crappy bar in Maryland and northern Virginia.  A few times, I even piled my gear onto the 342 and went to the gig by boat!  But it was strictly part-time.  There's a saying:  if a musician wants to retire with a million bucks, it's best to start with two million.   

My listening list is all over the place.  Lately, I've been on a jazz fusion kick, and listening to drumming gods such as Dave Weckl and Dennis Chambers.  On the rock side, it's stuff like Presidents of the United States of America, Cake, Garbage, Joe Satriani.  In the blues world -- Joe Bonamassa!  

Sometimes, I just like the simplicity and vocal harmonies of bluegrass music -- especially Del McCoury.  

And, as @Dream_Inn can attest -- the Admiral and I have built up a decent playlist of dance music!
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Posts: 379Member ✭✭✭
    Rodrigo y Gabriela, Govi, Strunz & Farah, Willie & Lobo, Jessie Cook, Acoustic Alchemy, Cubanismo, Tierra Negra, Ottmar Liebert, Johannes Linstead, and just to throw everyone off balance, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!
    edited November 2017
    @LaRea, Neat story. my son is drummer, percussionist, Now band director, Here In Indiana  High School marching bands, are popular. Ha,ha When he was heading for collage he wanted to be a performer, but we would not let him go that way. To many Broke musicians .
    Love music, wife plays piano, key boards, and the dieing art of pipe organ. Also music teacher. 
    @Glassguy54 Here ya go, this is awesome.

2003 - 270
    @skennelly , Peace

2003 - 270
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Posts: 379Member ✭✭✭
    @randy56, We've seen RodGab in concert twice. If you ever get the opportunity to see them live, you will not be disappointed. Gabriella is amazing and it is just unbelievable what she can do with that guitar!!
    edited November 2017
    i gotta=just saw him a cple months ago=1 kool kat

• skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 630Member ✭✭✭
    @randy56 great song.  Whole catalog is great summer music
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    @trip_n that guy is funny . 

Grew up listing to Motown, 70's & 80's, still like it. and country too. here's a little country. 

2003 - 270
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,006Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

for any guitar players who appreciate clean "hammer offs" you can google .....twelve year old reeling in the years. ....have a listen - this kid (IMO) plays one of the cleanest leads lines for the Steely Dan song that I have ever heard. Apparently this kid caught Jimmy Page's attention. When the google page opens-up you will see a small you tube picture of a kid holding an Ibanez guitar, near the top of the page. Click on that and then you can click on the add to dump it if you want to speed up watching the clip.

It can buy me a boat.
    Since the first time I heard Rodrigo y Gabriela, I've been checking for a gig near me.  But I had a lapse of attention - they are Baltimore tonight, and I'm missing it!

Gotta love performers that don't have to rely on dancers, choreography and flashy lights.  Pure music.  Most of the time, they don't even have their eyes open.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,468Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Malcum Young
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,941Member, Moderator mod

I remember when I was 13 and went to see Pink Floyd The Wall tour.  It was in Cleveland Municipal Stadium.  I had some grape mad dog before I went in (some of my buddies had the small hand rolled cigarettes).  That place had well over 100k people in it.  It started raining during their intermission.  They came out, stage in the rain, and said F... the rain!

@LaRea, I remember talking with you about being drummers.  My son is a 4th generation drummer and playing steel drums right now in high school (I love the sound of steel drums, makes me want to have a mai tai!)

Let me tell you, LaRea sure had the playlist of music!  We stayed up half the night listening to all kinds of music!

I'm a big 80's fan myself.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

@MT ;twelve year old reeling in the years. Thanks for sharing, this kid is good
    @Dream,  younger day"s + left handed smokes + MD = Good times, Give your son an attaboy!

@Handy Here's a little AC/DC

2003 - 270
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,006Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    hey - just got "taken downtown" by my 8 year old niece who is starting to play my guitars. She said "Uncle Mike" GIRLS can shred too.....She googled Girl Playing Guitar Solo - Highway Star featuring Guila Marta Vallar. I never doubted that girls can shred as anyone who has seen Aussi Orianthi play (from Michael Jackson World Tour Video)!!!!
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,378Moderator mod
    Here is my friends AC/DC tribute band. They are good......

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
    edited November 2017
    The first time i saw this chick on the Micheal Jackson song beat it, my mouth was open drooling, dreaming, until  my wife slap me upside the head. 
    Orianthi  

2003 - 270
    edited November 2017
    check her out now...hang n with ritchie sambora
    shes a show stopper ...... hahahaha........who said that.....my dad
    @trip_n - wow, that DelFest sounds like a blast.  Lots of big names on the ticket!
    Well I used to hate Country but now I like it but I have to have my classic rock. Judas Priest, ACDC, Led Zep, Boston, Guns N Roses, etc.. When I dock I like to be playing ACDC big balls. LOL
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,941Member, Moderator mod
    Wow!  I like the same music as Handy (well, except country).  I thought you were too old to enjoy the same music as me!?!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 780Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM
    This one is pretty vulgar but pretty comical. 
    I know @JoeStang knows this one
    I dance to Bruno Mars every night for exercise. 24 K Magic