St Petersburg Fla

reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,026Member ✭✭✭
I finally got to meet the legend @Handymans342 and his wonderful wife. Meet him at John's Pass at Madeira beach place called The Hut it was really cool place on the boardwalk with a band up in the loft. Then went down the road to Seared 1200 chop house for awesome steaks. I must say it was the best day of my vacation so far. 
2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct

Comments

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,743Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good time's ! looks like Handy has pushed the bill over your way. LOL He does like to cut up and have some fun. 
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Saint Clair Shores,MIPosts: 742Member ✭✭✭
    Well that explains it all
    about handy 
  • trip_ntrip_n Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭
    wow=@handymans342 looks a lot older than i thought he was.
    i really like st pete/clearwater...my wife and i hope to end up in the area.
    looks like some folks having a great night
    It explains the diesel obsession 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,290Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, another great night and meal with another great boating couple and part of the Rinker family. Maybe if Zav and Trip came down they would have a better attitude. RLMAO. We love St Pete Beach. So much to do, so much to eat and many places to party and boat!!. Everytime @Randy56 comes down he is happy as heck but hates to leave. Once again we love to meet anyone from the Forum!!
    Do you drink straight diesel
    Yep 40 cetane like real men
    Sometimes, Handy comes across a bit harsh, cause he love's sarcasm in the fun way, teasing, and diesels,  once you get to know him, he is really a nice dude. 
    South Fl is a awesome place. I do like the gulf side better than the Atlantic side, of Fl.

2003 - 270
    Thanks Randy I will send you that $20 now lol
    edited November 13
    $100, and a cold bud lite, next time I visit. LOL
    Post edited by randy56 on

2003 - 270
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 660Member ✭✭✭
    Love that area also. Been going for a week or two every winter for the last 20 years. The Hut is fun, Caddy's on the beach, JD's in Indian Rocks, Mahuffers. Probably not a bar/restaurant in the area we've not been to.
    Favourite area though is Pass-a-Grille. The Wharf, Shadrack's bar, sumsets on the upper deck at the Hurricane.
    Can't wait until mid February!
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,672Member ✭✭✭✭

That is a great area for boating for sure...we went further South of Tampa Bay- Cayo Costa Island/ Upper Captiva islands for vacations....around Boca Grande area. Lots of very remote quiet islands. Cayo Costa is 1/3 state park and the rest is privately owned with maybe 8 houses on it- they run off solar. Like Gilligan's Island- no cars no stores no roads....if you like about a 14 mile beach to yourself, you can't beat it. I don't know if I can get in there with our 270- I have a I/O bow rider we would bump our way in as it was......we also stayed one year up that way around Englewood that was also boat in only but it had power and such but the place was sold and looked elsewhere. Can't beat the west coast of Fl- would like to get up into the panhandle area as well...

• reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,026Member ✭✭✭
    Differently staying down this way when I retire in 10 years. 84° here today and 39° In CT. 4 daughter's and grandkids up there for the summer and nice and warm down here for pops in the winter. Question is two houses to boats or boat up their, house down here I'm glad I got ten years to figure it out.
    2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Funny you should mention that @reneechris14. We're trying to decide the same, but are thinking 2 boats. One on Georgian Bay in the summer and one in Florida for winter. Need a car anyway, so rather than boat back and forth, just drive to the boat. Only issue is finding a marina there that will let us stay aboard for 6 months. I'm thinking because we'd tour around a bit and only part of the year we might get away with it because I know full time liveaboard marinas are almost non existent now.
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 2,960Member ✭✭✭✭✭

You can probably see my house from John's Pass! I love that boardwalk.

If you're still there and want a beach day, go to Caddy's on the Beach ... great place.

Want good Italian (authentic), go to Verducci's.

Middle Grounds is also a good steak and seafood place, but Salt Rock at Indian Shores is another great option!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

You came down and didnt tell me Mark???
    MarkB said:

Want good Italian (authentic), go to Verducci's.

Middle Grounds is also a good steak and seafood place, but Salt Rock at Indian Shores is another great option!

X2 on Verducci's
    As per @trip_n I was also a little disappointed with the Salt Rock. Very trendy and I guess I expected more from all the hype. Nothing really wrong with it, just didn't wow us.
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,313Member ✭✭✭✭
    X3 on Salt Rock, great place down there! 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser