Lost power to Engine hatch, Bilge pump,Galley pump and Engine room blower

Hi.  

Just sudden the above stopped working at the same time.
I have checked the fuses under steering helm (i guess these pop out if they have some problems?)
Also checked the power breaker at the DC panel. The one for "Helm power" is working, as by tuning this on/off the other functions on the switchboard is affected.

Anyone with any ideas?  Seems strange to me that all these 4 things went out at the same time.

Comments

• icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 381Member ✭✭✭
    Have you looked in battery switch box? There are pop out breakers there too.

Regards,

Ian

• RinkerNorwayRinkerNorway Posts: 9Member
    Hi. Yes. with DC panel, I was referring to the panel where the larger power breakers  and battery switch is located.  All pop out breakers there are good.
    :)
  • jhofmannjhofmann ConnecticutPosts: 278Member ✭✭✭
    Sounds like items that would run off the "house battery" you may want to use a jump box to provide power to the engine hatch and check the battery treminals.
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Posts: 103Member ✭✭
    So my brand new house battery lost a cell a few days ago, and I was surprised the house battery runs the blower and genny starter. I would've assumed that would run off the engine battery, so if you drained the battery down overnight, you could still safely start your boat (or at least the genny to charge batteries back up).

I'm going to have to document where everything goes now, as it doesn't match the electrical sources supplied by the manufacturer. Crap.
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,743Member ✭✭✭✭
    @RinkerNorway, I'm not sure if you are aware but you can put power to the two terminals in the switch box to power engine hatch. the picture below, where the two red twist caps are the two thermals. I know this does not fix your problem but at least you will be able to open hatch to investigate. 
    Image result for rinker battery switch
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
    Hi guys.

i have already checked everything in the engine room without any findings...  all 3 batteries are at 12.5V so should not be battery related, since every other electical installation is working perfect.  

Could some of the electric components just be hooked up to one of the house batteries, and the rest to the other battery? I thought "everything" was working together with both batteries (?) 

Appreciate all your help.

If I remember correctly all 4 of the items are on separate breakers, under the steering wheel.  I think I would take that panel lose so you can get to the wires that power's the breakers. test for power.  What boat do you have?

2003 - 270
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,956Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RinkerNorway, what boat do you have?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
    Sorry for that. i have a 2007 Rinker 280EC running on tractor fuel(Diesel)  :D
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,846Member, Moderator mod
    oh boy, not sure Handy will be able to keep his excitement down! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 381Member ✭✭✭
    He may take exception to the agricultural reference though.

Regards,

Ian

Handy will be revved up.  

2003 - 270
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,956Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 4 run off of the house battery. One thing I found with my 280EC is that the connection at the breaker was loose. It wasn't making good contact, so my house battery wasn't getting charged the way it should. I had to pull out the DC panel and tighten the connections. While I was there, I changed the breakers for the house battery and the starting battery. Here is a link to the wiring diagrams for our boat. They are in PDF form, so feel free to download them. I have used them a few times, so they are great to have.

http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3038/280-ec-wiring-diagram

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Posts: 103Member ✭✭
    Double check those wiring diagrams - mine isn't that accurate for which battery powers which circuit. Not sure if it's cause I have an early 280EC run (2007), or if things were changed up by a previous owner.