New Rinker Owner , new to the Rinker Owners Forum

mikejudd65mikejudd65 Gloucester, MAPosts: 5Member
Greetings, new member, new Rinker owner. We signed on the dotted line this past weekend. We picked up a gently used 2004 Fiesta Vee 342. We bought it for the size and amenities. We've slipped a boat in Gloucester Mass for the last 3 years. Wanted something bigger with more range to make runs to the Cape /P-town(Cape Cod) , Martha's Vineyard , Nantucket to the south and Portsmouth NH , Portland Maine to the North. 
Survey came back good. Minor issues. Broker had fixed both gimbles , power steering pump and engine hatch motor prior to survey. It has the upgrade option 350 Merc Horizon, FWC and Bravo 3's. 
Any things I need to look out for? Its on jacks for the winter now which will give me the next 5-6 months to pick away at stuff.
And whats with the AC powered wall sconce on the port side near the aft cabin? Is that factory? And if so, how the heII do you turn it on? 
Looking foward to our "Next Adventure" in spring 2018. 
"Next Adventure" 2004 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342 , FWC Horizon Mercs, Blue Imron Hull
Post edited by raybo3 on
Tagged:

Comments

• reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,026Member ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, nice boat I have an 05.
    The A.C. sconce I guess is after market ,I don't have that. Any pic of it?
    2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,007Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!  You'll love the 342.  

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,026Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!  Lots of current and former 342 owners here - you are in good company.

Is there any evidence that the cabin carpets have been wet?  Cabin leaks are typical for any boat of that age and size, and the 342 is no exception.  

The other thing is corrosion on the Bravo 3 -- just gotta stay on top of it.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,290Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad you don't have diesels like mine  :D
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,333Moderator mod
    Welcome to the RBOC. You will love your 342. If you can post a picture of the AC sconce your talking about. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,672Member ✭✭✭✭
    and pictures of the rest of the boat!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,846Member, Moderator mod
    Welcome!  The 342 is one of the best boats Rinker made.  Sounds like you have some great plans for its use!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• mikejudd65mikejudd65 Gloucester, MAPosts: 5Member
    reneechris14 , I'll get a pic of the sconce this weekend
    "Next Adventure" 2004 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342 , FWC Horizon Mercs, Blue Imron Hull
  • StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 1,335Member ✭✭✭
    I don't have any AC powered lights on the boat.  Have to think it's after market.  There is (at least in 2002) a switch at the helm to turn on the 12v "mood" lights.  They were incandescent and killed the batteries pretty quick.  I switched mine for LED strips.  Nice option to light the cabin from the cockpit so it's not dark when you go below.  There is also a light near the stairs that comes on when the cockpit lights (near the deck) come on. 

342 is a great boat.  We're on our forth season and just took ours on a 885 mile trip around Lake Huron.  Best of luck with yours.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 2,960Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, and welcome.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• kordokordo Posts: 28Member
    Stodge, that's a nice trip.  Would you mind sharing some stats with us?  Fuel usage, ave speed etc.  Thaks.
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,026Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2
    @kordo Go under his name then under his discussions and check north canel trip he posted a hole blog. Its a good read.
    2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • kordokordo Posts: 28Member
    Thanks.
  • mikejudd65mikejudd65 Gloucester, MAPosts: 5Member
    here's a pic of the wall sconce I mentioned above, I still haven't found the switch for it yet. 
  • StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 1,335Member ✭✭✭
    Interesting.  Not seen anything like that.  If you can find the wires, maybe you can trace them back to their origin or a switch.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• bry1429bry1429 Southern Lake MichiganPosts: 199Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 6
    here's a pic of the wall sconce I mentioned above, I still haven't found the switch for it yet. 
    Have you looked all over the fixture itself? That bottom black piece, there may be a push button switch on the light itself. Is there a hole in bottom where there may have been a pull chain that came out, You never know what may be going on with after market installs.
  • WildboatingWildboating Posts: 751Member ✭✭✭
    Neat addition!  I have not seen that yet.   Ps.. Thats the Starboard side of the boat.  I won't tell anyone you mixed them up though...  :#
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• schoej01schoej01 Posts: 4Member
    Try a new bulb?
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 2,960Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's got to be an add on. I agree, might be a switch right on it. Lightbulb not working? Can you see the wiring in the compartment behind the light?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• FDNY49FDNY49 Flushing, NYPosts: 90Member ✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Nice to have you with us.