Does spotlight on 330 take battery?

SpyderwebSpyderweb Syracuse, NYPosts: 20Member ✭✭
Ready to close on 2008 330 EC.  One item picked up on survey was spotlight is inoperable.  I reported this to broker this morning and owner told broker there's a NiCad battery in the controller he takes out at end of year and it hasn't been replaced.  Does that sound reasonable?  Would the spot have a battery in the controller?  Controller is above and left of toggle switches.

Paul

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,263Member ✭✭✭
    Mine is wired and no battery needed but I think I read that these newer ones are wireless and have a battery. Hopefully someone here will know...
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,794Member, Moderator mod
    Hmmm, I have a 2008 with the same controller.  I'd swear it was wired in.  But I definitely could be wrong on that cause I never thought to look.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Long Island, NYPosts: 877Member ✭✭✭
    Yep... quick research on the GoLight Stryker looks like the same remote as yours. Has wireless handheld and mounted(yours) remotes. The spotlight itself is obviously hard wired. 
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Long Island, NYPosts: 877Member ✭✭✭
    Here you go: Golight 30200 Wireless Dash Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLXXD6E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jc63zb34GEDNY
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,263Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like it just takes a couple of MN21 Duracell batteries - $5 on Amazon. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,914Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes batteries. I replace mine every season for maintenance. It isn't hard wired in. It could have gotten water in it. If that is the case, contact GoLight and they may send you one for free. (They did that for me.) When I remounted it, I stacked 2 stainless washers behind it to keep water from laying behind the remote.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Syracuse, NYPosts: 20Member ✭✭
    Wow, it is a real thing.  The surveyor in his report called the spot a Jabsco.  I notice the writeup says the remote is compatible with Golight, RadioRay, Stryker, and Gobee models.  I wonder if this was aftermarket or stock with boat.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,914Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2008 280EC, built in 2007, came standard with the GoLight with the same wireless remote. If I was betting, I would say it is a GoLight that is installed on the boat and the remote is stock.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!