Had Hull Survey and Sea Trial today on 2008 Rinker 330. (This same boat was rebadged 340 by Rinker for the next several years and most recently I think was rebadged 350). I am potentially moving from my 285 Bayliner with 5.7 Horizon, Bravo 3 drive to this one with twin 5.7 350 MAG Mercs. Not sure what to expect with performance. Have a few questions regarding expectations about this boat.
1. Sea trial had 5 adults on board, 3 sitting aft, 2 near helm, little over 1/2 full gas tanks, and 1/2 full water, fairly calm seas. No way would boat want to get on plane with tabs full up and drive tucked in. Bow pointed way up. Dropped tabs and she came up fine. Is that to be expected?
2. Tachs were not working. Starboard was all over, sometimes 6500 and not full throttle, port seemed a little closer to what I expected, but not always. Boat had weight aboard as mentioned above, plus full canvas and bottom paint. WOT was 42.1 mph on the gps (unknown rpm). Gas is over 1 years old. Does that speed seem to be in the ball park for this boat and these conditions?
3. With tabs full up, I tried to find cruising speed. Again, rpm's unknown, but boat seems to want to run 31-35 mph to be comfortable. Back at 28-29 it starts running bow up some, like possibly approaching the lower limit before starting make a bigger wake and become inefficient. Can drop to lower speed with tabs down. Is this typical for this boat? My thought is that in calm seas you shouldn't need to use tabs other than to level hull. So therefore cruising speed seems to be 31-35. Any idea what rpm's I'd have at the 31-35 speed?
4. Boat had 4 batteries, 1 cranking and 3 deep cycle. 1 deep cycle was on generator, 1 on port (?) engine, and 1 for house. Is it common (or beneficial) to use deep cycle as starter battery? Salesman and surveyor didn't seem to think that was a big deal. Salesman even said they no longer carry starter batteries because everyone wants deep cycle. (This marina is primarily all cruisers).
5. Generator (5kw) trips when AC and 2 burner stove are on at same time (battery charger and fridge were also on). Is that to be expected?
Thanks for your help.