Engine Hatch lift

wielezynskiwielezynski Marblehead OhioPosts: 11Member ✭✭

Hi 
Does anyone knows what lift for my hatch i can use by replacing my noisy 
Acculift Boat Hatch Actuator 0-10-18-320 MQ347 | 19 1/2 - 29 3/4 Inch
thanks 

Comments

• icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 381Member ✭✭✭
    Noisy doesn’t always mean “replace”. Mine was too and some maintenance quietness it right down. Do a search here, if you need more info I gave contact details of the company and a good contact. 

Regards,

Ian

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,313Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is this black Rinker 300 from D Dock at bay point? I am the black Rinker 342 on E dock across from you. Mark MCCune talks about you all the time so I know your boat. I have a grease gun and grease to grease the hatch actuator. When mine gets noisey a few pumps of grease makes it smooth again. You are welcome to borrow my pump. Patrick 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• wielezynskiwielezynski Marblehead OhioPosts: 11Member ✭✭
    hi,
    i have used a grease gun but still makes noise.
    i will come down your dock this Saturday to talk to you about it. ok?
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,313Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi - yes, happy to chat about it. I wont be there this Saturday but I will be there next weekend. Have you attached a grease gun to the zerk fitting on the side of the pump? 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

Mine was making more noise than it should because the top part was becoming unscrewed from the worm screw. Drop your handle to prop open the hatch, unplug the connector, pull the pins and pull the unit out. Grab the black tube and unscrew it from the base and pull up as far as you can, you may need to unscrew the silver part more. You can see where the top part connects to a lug that works along the worm, see that it is secure and check your worm and grease it up. Pumping grease into the zerk on the gearbox will definitely help but adding some to the worm screw also will.

Regards,

Ian

• wielezynskiwielezynski Marblehead OhioPosts: 11Member ✭✭
    Yes i have use the grease in the zerk fitting and use the recommended lithium grease, but the top part of the shaft attached to the hatch is getting loose and the two screws are completely loose, i am going to have to attach a plate and reconfigure this connection.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,013Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wielezynski: There is, or should be, a tube with an elongated slot where the actuator attaches on the hatch end.  The bolt in that slot needs to be loose enough to let the actuator slide, that is what gives you the error factor when you close the hatch, otherwise it will rip itself right off the hatch.

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
    I agree with @Black_Diamond, this is meant to be loose. Have a look at what I suggested re the worm drive.

Regards,

Ian