342 walk thru windshield rubber bumpers

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,007Member ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know the part to replace the lower rubber bumper on the walkthru windshied door? (lower one)  I ordered once from Taylor made, the rubber piece is shorter than my original so now it hits the windshield when open.  The original one has a metal washer inside it: 15/16" long x 3/4" dia or so

Thanks!

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,290Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine from Taylor still hits the wiper arm
  • StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 1,335Member ✭✭✭
    I was going to use a small length of vacuum tubing, long enough to keep it off the wiper.  Just haven't gotten to it yet.

On another note, I need the rubber bumper with a snap on the end for the transom door.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

I got the rubber piece from Ace Hardware for that door it just unscrews with the snap
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Washington, DCPosts: 1,076Member ✭✭✭
    I bought mine off amazon but no metal washer
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 5,939Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....you may want to put a bumper on the bottom of the windshield opening frame too so that the window doesn't torque if someone pushes on it or a guest flips  it open and it lands hard.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,007Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    That bumper must not be from Taylor.  Amazingly difficult to find something close.  Got something close on order. 

edited September 14
    I had the 2 original bumpers when I bought my boat but neither one touched the walk thru when opened. Only touched the wiper arm. Worthless
    I found a solution that fits!  I had to buy a bag of 6pcs.  Willing to share.  I will keep a spare tho. 

Just share the solution.  I'm OK buying my own.

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 324Member ✭✭✭
    @Black_Diamond let me know what you are thinking.  Just replaced little plastic piece that keeps walk through windshield in place.  I noticed the bumpers are likely next to go.  Looks like i have one on the window itself and one that is fixed near the wiper.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,313Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Black_Diamond I'd love 1 or 2 if your willing to share we can work something out on shipping or whatever. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

BD, can you post where you found the replacements?

edited September 29
    Sorry for the delay, wanted to get some pics and post all at once.
    Picture of the 2 bumpers: new one is on the right side (non-cracked one).
    Picture of the new bumper installed on the windshield post (removed original one from TaylorMade - too short)
    Purchase place and item number

The new bumber has a recess (for a screw), I mounted that UP, some liq soap on the small hole and it pops right on.  At least on my 342, perfect fit, clears the wiper arm and no torque on glass when op.

Post edited by Black_Diamond on

Now we know your name and where you live LOL
    Thanks for the info. :)

You buy if you visit!