Idea for a new sun pad

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 262Member ✭✭✭
When i got the boat the sun pad was in really bad condition.  Cracked, split and just unusable.   I priced out getting a new one made and it was going to be ~$700 and with the summer i have had i just couldn't do it.  So I had an idea one morning.....I hate those ideas that wake you up at 4 am.  I went on Amazon and bought a $60 double padded hammock.  Removed the bar and ropes and added a few snaps so it would snap down to the original location. 

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    Nice! I have the same issue, snaps are there but never had the pad. I planned to make one over the winter similar to the original but I do like this idea. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,266Moderator mod
    Yoga pad less than $10 and rolls up easy to store........ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 262Member ✭✭✭
    @raybo3. Yep.  Had a nice picnic blanket we used before.  Except the Admiral has ADD and kept forgetting it wasn't snapped down.  Light breeze blew it off the boat and it sank like a rock.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,613Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see yoga in the front of my boat.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Washington, DCPosts: 1,055Member ✭✭✭
    Now thats a good idea, and its easy to store.  Laying on the front of the boat with a cold one...doesnt get much better. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 902Member ✭✭✭
    The upward facing dog is the best yogi move.and I'll seat and watch with a cold one.
    Far as a sun pad 5 yards sunbrella canvas,2" foam from Michaels that's my plan, 
    2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct