Time to wrap up this season :(

skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 624Member ✭✭✭
Always sad to say this but looking at wrapping up our season next week and pulling the boat for winter hibernation.

It's been a good season...but the weather was all over the place.  Can't complain though.
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,305Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too soon
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 660Member ✭✭✭
    Agree. Gonna be some nice days yet. Unless of course you have reasons. I've been in the water for 143 days. Looking for at least another 30. 
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 712Member ✭✭✭
    I agree that there are still a lot of decent days ahead. Maybe not dip in the water weather but definitely some good cruising/relaxing weather. 
  • skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 624Member ✭✭✭
    Yup I have reasons...wife is due in early November with first child.  Busy fall...birth classes to attend.  Want to have the boat out of mind.  Lol
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,678Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot on your plate, congrats! Northern boaters have a lot more to do in the winter - our winter activity is to boat- I missed the summer season with a job change and a repair- we all have life going on for sure...
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 660Member ✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    Yup I have reasons...wife is due in early November with first child.  Busy fall...birth classes to attend.  Want to have the boat out of mind.  Lol
    Yep. Qualifies as a good reason for sure!
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Saint Clair Shores,MIPosts: 743Member ✭✭✭
    Come on
    my wife and  I boated thru the pregnancy and after giving birth we took. 3 week break and boated till end of October 
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 712Member ✭✭✭
    Congrats 
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,338Moderator mod
    Good luck with the baby but not a reason to take the boat out. As a matter of fact its a reason to keep it in longer....... Just say'n. (Been there done that)
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
    @zaverin1 if it was June I'd agree with you.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 324Member ✭✭✭
    Nooooooooo not ready. Saw shrink wrap on sale and quickly deleted the email.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Saint Clair Shores,MIPosts: 743Member ✭✭✭
    Mid August 
    August seems okay as well.  But not my timeframe.  Even if we continue to boat into October...gotta pull it sometime and then I have to be at the boat to winterize it ect...what if...just what if labor happens and I'm not there?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 5,941Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....if that labor happens and you are on the boat and not there - selling it will be the least of your problems!!!!! LOL :-(
    @Michael T you get it
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3