Question: Are the hulls of the FV270 the 280EC and the newer 290 the exact same?

tk1973tk1973 Lake SimcoePosts: 44Member ✭✭
I know the widths are the same at 9'1" but wondering if they all shared the same hull and design. 

Reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to setup my bunk trailer for my 280 and saw a great post from Mike a.k.a TikiHut with some measurements for his FV270 in the trailering forum. 

https://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3088/fv270-tri-axle-trailer-set-up-and-dimensions

Hoping that someone can chime in and let me know if the hulls are the same as that would make it easier in setting p this bunks in the rear as per his instructions. 

Thanks in advance. 

On a bit of a side note, it looks like my Gimbal bearing is bad, and growling sometimes when I try to trim up. Figure I'll just do a transom kit and replace the bellows at the same time in a few weeks. Hoping to squeeze one more run out of her maybe this weekend and then done for the season. 

Comments

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,620Member ✭✭✭✭
    I ask the same question a while back, Al said they were all different molds. Yes I agree they are all he same size. 
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • tk1973tk1973 Lake SimcoePosts: 44Member ✭✭
    Too bad. Mikes trailer write up is great. 

Guess I'll wait for Greg to get me his old measurements. 
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,620Member ✭✭✭✭
     I'm guessing your boat is in the water and you cannot measure? If Mikes measurements match your's you would be set, @Cableguy Greg will get them, he always come through. I would measure mine, for you, but I'm afraid I'd give you the wrong info. As the chine's may not match up. 
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,861Member ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to make it to the marina to get the measurements. Sorry about that... I hope to be there tomorrow, Sunday for sure.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
    Thanks Greg. Really appreciated. 
    On my old Venture trailer, which is like the one that you are purchasing, the bunks are 47" from center to center of each bunk. That trailer was set up for my 280EC and we did not change it when we put a 270FV on it.
    Go Steelers!!!
    That's great Greg. Thanks very much. You've been a great help and I appreciate it. 

Just to be clear you meant 47 and not 57" inches from center to center. 

Only reason im double checking is from Mikes post for his fv270 his widths from center look approx 57" 

https://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3088/fv270-tri-axle-trailer-set-up-and-dimensions

The bunks that he had on his trailer were flat on top, so the boat was sitting on the chine further out. The bunks that I had on my Venture trailer were angled on top, so the boat sat between the chines.
    Go Steelers!!!
    Ok perfect. Thanks Greg.