hurricane

rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,678Member ✭✭✭✭
So. My boat is on a trailer but not covered. If we have 120 mph winds, is the darn thing going to blow over? I will take off my bimini poles, should I take the mooring cover off and take the seats up that are not fixed? Guess not much I can do with the uhf antenna except try to tie the end of it to something...if I had better insurance, I could put it in the middle of a field!

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,305Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son in law is leaving his 21 CC on his trailer hooked up to his truck
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,678Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mot a bad plan I'm thinking. Not any better off sitting across town than my front yard...put it up against the front of my house.
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,035Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Place blocks beneath the trailer frame on either side of the wheels, and then deflate the tires completely.  

Twist auger-type tie-down anchors into the ground using a broom handle, and tie the trailer to those anchors.

Quoted from:  
    http://www.boatingmag.com/how-to-secure-your-boat-for-hurricane
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,408Member ✭✭✭✭
    I know it will be tough but if you can park it into the wind, should help a lot.
  • J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,293Member ✭✭✭
    Def do NOT leave it attached to a truck! 
    Look like we are cat 3 max so I took it over to my storage and nestled in with a bunch of boats...se fingers crossed!
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 324Member ✭✭✭
    Good luck @rasbury.  Now it is just time to get out of there and let the storm pass.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • andydandyd Dana Point, California, USAPosts: 487Member ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone stays safe in the path of this monster. Keeping everyone in our prayers. Hey Irma, please turn hard to starboard and head back into the Atlantic. Thanks.

Andy
    Dont look good Andy
    Just started looking worse..
  • bigal6030bigal6030 Posts: 157Member ✭✭
    Good luck guys. Hope you, your families and your boats are all going to be protected and safe. Be smart 

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,958Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be safe down there. My mom, aunt, uncle and cousin all live in Daytona. They are going to "ride out the storm".
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
    @Cableguy Greg with the new track, they need to get away from beach side- this is no storm to screw with.
  • Robs_232Robs_232 Posts: 180Member ✭✭

Praying you all stay safe down there! My daughter's Iowa State Univ. architect class was supposed to fly into Miami next week, but obviously they have canceled their trip. Hope everyone there can make it through Irma! Boats are replaceable, live aren't! 

One thing was mentioned to me about hurricanes...for several days before- the birds disappear - you don't here them,you don't see them.. @Handymans342 , have you noticed?
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,010Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smarter than most people.  lol

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
    rasbury said:
    One thing was mentioned to me about hurricanes...for several days before- the birds disappear - you don't here them,you don't see them.. @Handymans342 , have you noticed?
    Apparently the birds have the weather channel