Is Helm Power Switch a circuit breaker?

gackgack Long Island, NYPosts: 229Member ✭✭✭
I raised my hatch today and when I went to lower it, nothing.  While trying to troubleshoot, I notice that the Helm Power switch was off. Turned it back on and hatch lowered.  So I'm thinking the switch is actually a breaker and it tripped when I raised the hatch.  Can anyone confirm?

Best Answer

Answers

• LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,035Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 342 schematics show it as a switch, not a breaker.  The symbol for a circuit breaker always shows the amperage under the symbol.  For cabin power and helm power, there's no amperage shown, so I think they are switches.  
  • gackgack Long Island, NYPosts: 229Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Alswagg, was pretty sure that was the case, now I need to figure out why it is tripping.  Maybe hatch motor is going.  :/
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,035Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try cleaning the connector at the base of the actuator.
  • gackgack Long Island, NYPosts: 229Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @LaRea , will try that.  Anyone know where to buy the actuator if needed?
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 381Member ✭✭✭
    Odd, for some reason my posting said it needed approval. Apologies if repeated.

Look at thread http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/82924#Comment_82924 as I commented there recently with contact detaisl of someone very helpful in solving my issue.

Regards,

Ian

Weird - posted twice now and it said it needs approval. Moderator?

Regards,

Ian

edited September 6
    Odd, keeps saying posting needs to be approved. Yet this one didn;t. Moderator?

Regards,

Ian

Look at this thread http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/82924#Comment_82924 , I posted recently contact details of someone very helpful in allowing me to solve the issue I had.

Regards,

Ian

• raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,338Moderator mod
    icoultha said:
    Weird - posted twice now and it said it needs approval. Moderator?
    Fixed..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org