Shark

raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,277Moderator mod
So look what washed up right next to my yacht club......... 

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,277Moderator mod
    Another shot............

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,548Member ✭✭✭✭

Yikes!

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,548Member ✭✭✭✭
    Makes me glad I have a pool.....
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 1,960Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is that, about six feet?  
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 907Member ✭✭✭
    I don't think he feels good. 6 ft he is still a juvenile. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • halifax212halifax212 Halifax NS CanadaPosts: 155Member ✭✭✭
    Great shots @raybo3! Too close for comfort. Looks like it still wants to eat!    We had a few great whites around our shores this year. They had tracking beacons on them so you could check online where they were last seen. 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,124Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a short fin Mako
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,620Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm in fresh, Don't have to worry when skinny dipping. 
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
    Its a deep water shark. Look at its eyes
  • skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 608Member ✭✭✭
    The thing about a shark, it's got lifelesseyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites you, and those black eyes roll over white.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    skennelly said:
    The thing about a shark, it's got lifelesseyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites you, and those black eyes roll over white.
    Watching Sharknado again??? LOL
  • halifax212halifax212 Halifax NS CanadaPosts: 155Member ✭✭✭
    Right on @skennelly!! What a great line that was
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 5,861Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    .......and they say lawyers can't swim!
  • AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 1,778Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about a shark, it's got lifelesseyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites you, and those black eyes roll over white.

Thats from originsl Jaws.  Talking about the USS Indianapolis 
  • skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 608Member ✭✭✭
    @Alswagg Yes sir.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,277Moderator mod
    It was 6 feet 6 inches long. It's a porbeagle shark. Not sure how it got to the club. Maybe it wanted a drink....lol
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,352Member ✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of that type of shark, interesting. Almost looks like a baby great white.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porbeagle
  • Yachtsman1304Yachtsman1304 Manistee, MIPosts: 11Member
    I would never go in the water again...ever.  Unsalted and shark free = priceless.

2002 FV 270, Mercruiser Mag 350, Bravo III, Manistee, MI
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 542Member ✭✭✭
    One of the Admiral and my favourite pastimes when visiting Florida, Cuba etc. is surf fishing. Wade out about waist to chest deep and cast a line and stand out in the waves.....with a bag of bait...
    We kinda joke that if we're going to fish we should give them a fair shot at us too. I will admit though that we try and do it on clear days when we can see what's around, and more importantly a passing shark can tell we're not their favourite food. I worry more about inadvertently stepping on a sting ray, so we do the "stingray shuffle" when walking out and back.
    Odds are better of getting hit by lightening out on the boat than being attacked by a shark.
    "Knot Quite Shore"
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 5,861Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound......as a very, very experienced scuba diver, who has been around great whites, tigers, reefs and the one I shark I fear, bull sharks, - there is no amount of money you could pay me to have a bait bag near me while fishing in waist deep water. The only shark attacks I have been familiar with involving attacks on humans have been associated with  bait fishing, spear fishing and scuba divers feeding sharks. We spend 4-5 months in warm waters and the minute we see a guy on the beach set-up a chair and rod to fish from shore I am out of the water in a flash. You have waay more "guts" than I do.
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 542Member ✭✭✭
    Not sure about guts....less brains maybe.....bait is usually a couple of frozen shrimp or some live shrimp secured in a small bucket. And I have great life insurance on the Admiral......
    wouldn't dream of taking cut white bait or anything.
    "Knot Quite Shore"