zdutko

zdutkozdutko Belmar, NJPosts: 3Member
I just got a 04 FV 312 and for the life of me I can't turn on the stereo. The seller swore it worked fine and I heard it too a week before, but nothing, until today, when I got it back from a mechanic who fixed the propellers and returned the boat to me and I saw the stereo was on, with the left key turned to aux. I tried that before, to no avail, but today it was on.
After I took him back to his marina with my car, I came back to my boat happily ,thinking I will play music, but when I turned the key to aux, NOTHING again. I tried all switches in (I think ) all possible positions, but nothing. Is there a trick to this? Why is it so complicated to turn on a radio? Can anyone tell me how to turn on the stereo? I'm almost at the point that I would remove it and hardwire it to the battery ( just kidding) . It's frustrating...any help is appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,544Member ✭✭✭
    Don't know what brand you have, push and hold the upper left hand button. 
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • zdutkozdutko Belmar, NJPosts: 3Member
    Im almost convinced that the radio/ stereo is goog but not always getting power. When I leave the biat for af w days on shore piwer, turn mist of the swithches off on the panel keeping the friges and batt charger on, nit much else. So something must be controlling the power to the stereo, a Sony brand, it looks like it was r placed once, not original. So I don't know what switch combination provides power to it...
  • zdutkozdutko Belmar, NJPosts: 3Member
    Sorry about bad spelling...
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 831Member ✭✭✭
    my 270 key had to be turned back one click.
    my 342 has a breaker on the panel. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,544Member ✭✭✭
    did you ask the PO how to turn it on? give him a call. Or take a picture of it post it on here maybe one of us has one like it, model # also.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • shawnmjrshawnmjr Detroit MIPosts: 572Member ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bad connection (ground, power, remote wire)