Sewage smell from holding tank while on boat

dhopplesrdhopplesr Frog Mortar creekPosts: 6Member
Doe anyone know of a filter for the holding tank on Rinker boat? I have a 2005 342 fiesta vee.

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 3,864Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://bigorangefilter.com/

Many reviews on here that are ++
    I have one in my 342. Solved that problem 100%

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,127Member ✭✭✭
    My 2006 342 has a filter. It is just forward of the bulkhead in the engine room. If you are looking at the generator look to the right at the wall and up, you will see an opening at the top of the bulkhead near the generator fuel shutoff valve. The filter should be in there just in front of the bulkhead (opposite side of the engine room). Not too bad of a job to wiggle in there and replace it. Like BD said the Big Orange are very popular here. I chose to rebuild mine for around $15. It is personal preferance. From my understanding they should be replaced/refilled every couple of years. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,127Member ✭✭✭
    PS - if you want to rebuild do some google searches on how to do it, there are good instructions on the Sea Ray owners site. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 1,183Member ✭✭✭
    I have a big orange and use charcoal for fish tanks to re-fill it.  Works like a champ.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• duane.mosleyduane.mosley florence kyPosts: 306Member ✭✭✭
    i made my own filter using pvc pipe, pipe caps and a few threaded barbed fittings to receive the vent hose. i use the charcoal for fish tanks as well. i believe i have a picture on one of these threads of the one i built. works great.

• duane.mosleyduane.mosley florence kyPosts: 306Member ✭✭✭
    letting your tank soak in bleach water for a day, once a month, really helps too.

• MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 2,909Member ✭✭✭✭✭

BUY A BIG ORANGE FILTER> like magic, smell gone.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• wm61356wm61356 Harrison Twp., MIPosts: 183Member ✭✭✭
    I second MarkB's comment...I installed a Big Orange filter this spring and now I never get any odor.