carpet backing coming up?

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 262Member ✭✭✭
I am cleaning out my garage and have 2 32 Oz containers of Fiber-Lok non skid carpet backing.  it is a gel that you can paint over the rubber backing of your marine carpeting to keep it from peeling off.  My last boat would leave black rubber on my boat every time i put the carpet down.  I put this stuff on and it took care of the problem.  
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,532Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...my backing is all coming off like others..
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 262Member ✭✭✭
    $20 plus shipping and it's yours 
  • rmrstlmormrstlmo Posts: 124Member ✭✭✭
    I've had good luck with that product. Well worth it.

Ray

2000 340 FV

• 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Washington, DCPosts: 1,055Member ✭✭✭
    @davidbrooks do you still have it?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    I powered washed with a 3100 PSI washer and still cant get the hard spots up.  Anyone have any advise?  I sprayed some goo gone pro strength and didnt do much.  

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,723Member, Moderator mod
    I'm betting a mixture of MEK and acetone would solve it.  Try in a small spot first and make sure to clean thoroughly after use.  (and wear a mask, the stuff is strong)  I used it to clean some adhesive off my dinghy and it worked great.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Annapolis MDPosts: 262Member ✭✭✭
    Yep.  @06Rinker270 ; just PM me.  I have two.  
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,266Moderator mod
    Citrus degreaser works pretty well. I have this problem every time I lift my carpets.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 532Member ✭✭✭
    I used a product called Top Gun made by Gunk. And a non scratch pot scrubber. Finished with a Magic Eraser and water. It all came off.
    "Knot Quite Shore"
    @davidbrooks Ok I will.  

@raybo3 I will check out the Citrus.  Its a problem I have had since I bought the boat and I am DONE with dealing with it.  New carpets are soon but for now, I am trying to get by.

@Willhound I will look into Top Gun.  

Appreciate it.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 317Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, same here with the backing and it’s time. The carpets are original so can't complain so Marine Mat is the winter order going in.

Regards,

Ian

• bry1429bry1429 Southern Lake MichiganPosts: 176Member ✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    Yeah, same here with the backing and it’s time. The carpets are original so can't complain so Marine Mat is the winter order going in.
    I ordered my Marine Mat last winter and got their winter special discount of 25% off, Ask for Jennifer.
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 317Member ✭✭✭
    Good to know, I was about to send them an email to clarify the process re templates and lead time etc. Any photos of your finished product, did you go with stick down or snap in?

Regards,

Ian