Day skippers

russellhrussellh Chichester EnglandPosts: 155Member ✭✭
 start my day skippers coarse on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it as I've been around board most of my like but want to be better and to be able to charter when abroad. My wife's doing it with me so unless we have a massive row and end up divorced over how to navigate back in the dark from The Isle of White we should both be more competent boaters! 

Comments

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,794Member ✭✭✭✭
    The day skippers course must be the same as the coast guard boat training here in the states. Wish more people would take it.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • russellhrussellh Chichester EnglandPosts: 155Member ✭✭
    I'd think so Randy. It's a must for me as you learn so much and then can be more adventurous. I also will feel more confident taking friends and family out
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,884Member, Moderator mod
    Definitely a good thing to take a course!  I know we learned a lot when we first took the course a couple weeks after buying our first boat.  The admiral says we should take it again as a refresher as well as probably soak in other things that we didn't the first time.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• andydandyd Dana Point, California, USAPosts: 493Member ✭✭✭
    @russelh ; Chichester is in the news over here in the States today. I guess they found a copy of the Declaration of Independence there. Cool!

Andy
    Thanks Andy I'll google now! Nice one!
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,794Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's cool.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
    We have a cathedral in the city that is over a thousand years old here