242 anchor

planesailingplanesailing South Wales, UKPosts: 138Member ✭✭
Just wondering if any 242 owners could take a photo for me of their anchor while it's secured on the bow roller. The previous owner to me had modified the roller slightly to fit a danforth anchor. I have had to replace the danforth for a claw anchor but not sure how to secure the anchor down whilst underway. I'm wondering if the previous owner removed the tie off point when he modified the roller. Any help or suggestions you guys could give would be amazing as usual!

Comments

• howardramshowardrams Fairport Harbor, OHPosts: 182Member ✭✭
    Here's a 260 stock anchor pic:

• vyborny1vyborny1 Johnstown, OHPosts: 28Member ✭✭
    Hope this helps, there was a bracket just above the roller that had a pin and a u- shape piece. The weight of the anchor would lock into place 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
  • planesailingplanesailing South Wales, UKPosts: 138Member ✭✭
    @vyborny1 thanks for the pic. Do You happen to have a close up pic of that bracket showing how the chain locks through it? I have that bracket but looks like there may be part of it missing.
  • vyborny1vyborny1 Johnstown, OHPosts: 28Member ✭✭
    @planesailing, sorry that is the best picture I have for you, I know it was a pita to lock. That's when swore the next boat was going to have winless. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee
  • jhofmannjhofmann ConnecticutPosts: 242Member ✭✭
    My 2000 242 cane with an anchor tensioner similar to the West Marine model #17288028.
    It was mounted to the deck slightly off to one side just forward of where the anchor line dropes into the locker.I do not have any pictures as I removed this when I installed a windlass. I do have a small line that I attach to the anchor shackel and tie off to the forward cleat for trailering, and if I will be going through rough water just in case the brake on the windlass fails.
  • jhofmannjhofmann ConnecticutPosts: 242Member ✭✭
    CORRECTION: I attach the line to the bar going across the front of my Delta FastiSet anchor. You maybe to do this with the hole at the front end of your claw anchor if so equipped.

• aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 1,075Member ✭✭✭✭
    Been a while since I posted on the forum! Sorry I don't have a pic but a chain stopper it what is used on my 242. Here is a link:
     https://www.westmarine.com/buy/lewmar--chain-stoppers--P005_155_002_501
  • planesailingplanesailing South Wales, UKPosts: 138Member ✭✭
    edited April 22
    Thanks for all the help guys.  @jhofmann that tensioner pic you posted is what I have. Looks like all that's missing is the hook. Should be an easy fix. Thanks!!!