Gear lube fitting at transom

bella-vitabella-vita Buffalo NYPosts: 239Member ✭✭✭
At end of last season I lost all oil out of port  reservoir  (I shut motor down  immediately ) when pulled out at end of season  I saw that the fitting is broken Where the hose connects at the transom  anyone know how hard this is to change on the 2002 342? Can it be done from outside?
2002 Rinker FV 342

Comments

• bella-vitabella-vita Buffalo NYPosts: 239Member ✭✭✭
    Pic of broke fitting 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • frenchshipfrenchship Québec ,CanadaPosts: 1,072Member ✭✭✭
    Hard to see which fittings is broken  which model sterndrive.

It's a bravo 3
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • frenchshipfrenchship Québec ,CanadaPosts: 1,072Member ✭✭✭
    Did you take a look at the image in my post to identify which fitting is broken.. I could look it up in my Mercruiser service manual for bravo 111 to see how to replace it
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,049Member ✭✭✭
    these are the pieces to replace,I'm doing this this weekend.I'm doing the bellows also I'll lit know how it goes.
    2005 Rinker FV342  boat name "Ten Forty"  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    I think #1 I been told u have to get at it from inside also to change it.Going to have Marina where it's stored take a look at it.
    2002 Rinker FV 342
    Yes there's a clip behind the quick discount.I think it's tough to get on.good thing you pulled the boat quick,my drive was contaminated 
    I left it in another 3 weeks just ran around the canal on other motor but never started the port drive so hopefully all is good . It's to tight for me in my engine compartment,
    2002 Rinker FV 342
    105 miles form Bronx NY to 1/2 up the CT river ,trip home I purchased the boat ,lube was clean when I did survey,but reservoir was low.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,888Member, Moderator mod

Oh ReneeChris!  Every time I see that picture I cringe!

Bella, yes you have to remove it from inside, and definitely very tight and tough to get to.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,346Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just had my full drive service done (bellows, shift cable, etc) and they replaced the gear lube hoses from the tank to the drives while they had the drives off. I think the drives need to come off. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

@Dream_Inn have no fear those drives are all rebuilt,the ugly one all though the parts washer and all was still in good shape.the good one needed a lower baring gald he talk me in to doing both.I was going only do the port, they have 300 hours on them.

@bella-vita the drive and the bell housing must  come off to access the tube.the tube slides in from outside and the clip on the inside.
    They got it apart today only removed the drive they r waiting for a part now ,those guys make it look easy 
    2002 Rinker FV 342