342 instrument panel refurb

CrewLoungeCrewLounge Norris Lake, TNPosts: 92Member ✭✭
I have an 02 342 and my engine gauges are needing replaced.  It appears they are obsolete now as well as an odd size, so I need to have a new dash panel built.  I think I will go with smart craft gauges to return the dash to as near original condition that I can.  My question is, does anyone have any ideas who to use or have done this already?

Comments

• StodgeStodge Lake St. ClairPosts: 1,396Member ✭✭✭
    My mechanic made a new dash for me that holds a vessel view 4, the multi gauges (just for the gas readings) and my chartplotter.  I would look around for someone who does car modifications for the dash.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• bry1429bry1429 Southern Lake Michigan Posts: 208Member ✭✭✭
    https://www.tecnografic.com

Try those guys, great looking modern looking cool options. My personal opinion is the fake plastic wood look is cheap looking.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,372Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would make it myself out of starboard for $50 and then vinyl wrap it with a similar wood grain to the original. A decent router will give you the rounded edges and sunk in gauges. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser