4-step swim ladder

NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Pensacola, FLPosts: 303Member ✭✭✭
Does anyone have a solution for how difficult it is to slide back together?  Have to wiggle it back and forth and mess with it to get it stored properly.  Would be nice if it just slid up and down effortlessly...

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,313Member ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that you saltwater guys just had to accept stuff like that  :D Sorry couldn't help it. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Pensacola, FLPosts: 303Member ✭✭✭
    Lib,

We do have to deal with a bunch of stuff, but I spent a year at KY Lake, it was the same thing there!  Nothing to do with the salt!! My Admiral says I have salt water and beer in my veins, no blood.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,313Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ha, too funny. Actually mine has some resistance too. Was thinking of some kind of polishing compound like mothers or flitz. Don't want to be too abrasive 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• MDboaterMDboater Posts: 298Member ✭✭✭
    I tried some snap and zipper lubricant on my 3 step ladder and it helped for a little while.  You probably want to use it on only the bottom two steps or it will make the part where you grab hold slippery.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,845Member, Moderator mod
    I use Sailkote (silicon spray) on mine every now and then and that seems to keep it at least manageable.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,956Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't pull it up by the step. Ouch!!! When those steps decide to come down, they hurt.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Pensacola, FLPosts: 303Member ✭✭✭
    I will try a little silicon spray
  • chamberbchamberb Saint Albans, VTPosts: 259Member ✭✭✭
    I heard you can pour diesel fuel on it... :)
  • jme097jme097 Algonac, MIPosts: 1,078Member ✭✭✭
    Thats my issue too @NavyCTRC!. I have a 280 and I have made the mistake one time of getting my fingers caught! LOL
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • DirtythirtyDirtythirty Delran, NJPosts: 247Member ✭✭✭
    Whatever you do, dont force it, or bang it in.....take it out of the water, stand it straight up, and wiggle it side to side....it will go right in.