280 EC storage

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,956Member ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey 280EC owners... Have any of you added a door behind the cockpit fridge/under the sink to gain the storage space there? When I lift out the trash can, there seems to be a lot of space. I was thinking a door so I could place my portable generator in there rather than in the engine room.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• jme097jme097 Algonac, MIPosts: 1,078Member ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg I was just thinking about this this past weekend. The fridge takes up a lot of the space that is accessible from the deck though. I feel like a lot of the space is under the trash bin/along the port side of the boat. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Palmetto, FLPosts: 744Member ✭✭✭
    Somewhat related, I have often pondered locating a cockpit air conditioner in that space aboard our 342.
    @TonyWalker the 342s dont already have the cockpit units? I thought they did. hmmm. Would be great to have especially with the camper top up!
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Palmetto, FLPosts: 744Member ✭✭✭
    That would be nice but unfortunately they don't.  I saw a 342 with one added by her owner.  It was located in the compartment beneath the side seat.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,956Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    jme097 said:
    @Cableguy Greg I was just thinking about this this past weekend. The fridge takes up a lot of the space that is accessible from the deck though. I feel like a lot of the space is under the trash bin/along the port side of the boat. 
    I just feel like there is some valuable space under there. A double door unit would probably be needed because it is tight in that area. I have stored extra fenders in there in the past. It is a slight inconvenience lifting out the trash can to get the stuff out. @TonyWalker , there is enough space for an A/C unit there...
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Posts: 136Member ✭✭
    Good thought. I've often thought that was wasted space as well. Let me know if you come up with something. The extra storage would be nice! 
    2007 Rinker 280 EC 
    "M.S. Blair Elizabeth"
    Trust me, I would love to keep a portable generator there when not in use but I just dont think it will be easily accessible but definitely am willing to give it a shot. 
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,669Member ✭✭✭✭
    I know Tiki did that on his 270- they have a spot for a cooler that is worthless. I pulled the can out and throw my extra fenders in there so far but would like a door and fix up some more storage in there...not sure for what but for something!
    Go Steelers!!!
    Well... I went to the boat today. With the trash can out, I could probably sneak a generator into that location. It would be very tight because the fridge takes up a lot of room. I don't want to lose the trash can or the fridge, so I guess this is not a great idea...
    Go Steelers!!!
    @Cableguy Greg that is exactly the problem!