Officially registered as member and first post in the forum

sarge2sarge2 Algonac, MiPosts: 7Member
Hi all,

After a year and 1/2 of "lurking" in the forum, I decided to register as a forum member. My wife and I, although having lived on the water (Algonac/Clay, Mi) for over 40 years, have never been able to own a boat until the last several years.

We spent 2012 playing with a small jet boat and quickly found it did not suit us well. That was sold and in 2013 we bought a 27ft searay weekender. It was a much nicer step up but after one year still did not quite match up to what we wanted. I saw a Rinker 2002 Rinker 310 come in to a local dealership for a trade-in on a pontoon boat in 2014. We looked hard at this one and once aboard and going over it felt a "connection" to this boat. Lol, I'm not sure if that is the right way to phrase it but we knew this was "our" boat. We were able to sell the searay in 2015 and and after surveys etc, etc, bought the 310 (it was still there!!!...kinda like it was waiting for us to come back and claim it as ours, complete with all original manuals). We are the 3rd owners of the Knot Behavin' II, lol, and very happy with it

While looking for info for repairs and replacement parts and other 310 info last year  I came upon this site and bookmarked it. This site is a veritable "fountain of knowledge" and I've picked up some very good and useful tips and info already.

Very glad to officially be here!!!!!
2002 310 Fiesta Vee "Knot Behavin' II"

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,846Member, Moderator mod
    Welcome officially to the forum. My prior boat was a 2002 310 and it was a fantastic boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,333Moderator mod
    Welcome to the RBOC and good luck with your ride.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • wm61356wm61356 Harrison Twp., MIPosts: 200Member ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! I've owned two Rinkers...a 280 and my present boat a Rinker 320, and have been very happy with them both. I boat out of Anchor Bay so perhaps our paths will cross out on the water. Enjoy your 310 and the forum!
  • jme097jme097 Algonac, MIPosts: 1,078Member ✭✭✭
    @sarge2 I dock In Algonac (Sassy's) and have for the past 4 years. Next time you're in the bay, let me know! I am pretty sure I have seen you before!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • sarge2sarge2 Algonac, MiPosts: 7Member
    edited June 2016
    wm and jme I live on D-yke Rd (M-29) next to Rose Marine. I have the yellow house with the red metal roof. LOL, you can this roof all the way from new Baltimore on a clear day. We were just out this past weekend and ended up overnighting in munchie's bay which is right behind the house. This was our first overnight on the water as a test and to get a feel for what we need for future times
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • sarge2sarge2 Algonac, MiPosts: 7Member
    LOL, there must be a filter on this site... Dee,,Why,,Kay,,Eee road... lol
  • jme097jme097 Algonac, MIPosts: 1,078Member ✭✭✭
    I know exactly where you are! Munchies bay is my spot! Nice and shallow so the water is always warm! @sarge2

Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,333Moderator mod
    @sarge2 There is a "bad" word filter on the site. Some are pretty funny to be honest. I try to fix what I can but I am limited so I find ways around it like I did on your post..... Too funny........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 1,743Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sarge2, Good story, welcome.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 2,960Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• chamberbchamberb Saint Albans, VTPosts: 259Member ✭✭✭
    Welcome and very glad to have you on the site!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,956Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Pensacola, FLPosts: 303Member ✭✭✭
    welcome to the site!