Accessing flush mounted radar/GPS on a 310

summerxsummerx Middle river, MDPosts: 198Member ✭✭✭
I am having some issues with my Raymarine RL70C not functioning properly this spring.  I spoke with a tech, who suggested that I disconnect the radar input from the back, to see if it is the radome unit (common) or a problem with the dash mounted unit.  How do I access the back of the dash?  there is a mirror in the bathroom.  I am assuming if I remove that, it will have an access panel similar to the one outside of the anchor locker?

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,420Member, Moderator mod
    Nope, no access behind that mirror.  I believe your cabin door slides in there between the two as well.  You have to remove the handful of small screws around your dash panel to get access.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• summerxsummerx Middle river, MDPosts: 198Member ✭✭✭
    OK.  glad I asked.  gotta take a look at it this weekend and hope I don't come across any other issues while its pulled apart
    thanks!
  • AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 2,141Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can be accessed by removing dash panels.  Not easy but can be done 
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,289Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? We installed a Garmin 740 on my EC 310 and did it from the front. Snap on/off trim cover and screws. Why not the reverse, pry off trim cover, remove the screws pull the unit out and inspect the cable. 
  • AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 2,141Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RL series is a back mount chart plotter.  There are two cams which tension in and lock the chart plotter tight to the helm 
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 6,289Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh cr*p! Don't know the helm. I assume removing the center panel with gauges to gain access is too much to ask for?
  • summerxsummerx Middle river, MDPosts: 198Member ✭✭✭
    yeah, the RL series is a PIA to get to.  The older 310 dash board doesn't have a nice access like the newer ones do.  This is mounted low, beside the steering wheel, so I am going to have to remove the entire row of switches/trim tab controls to access it.  didnt' get around to it this weekend...
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Palmetto, FLPosts: 744Member ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you can do something like this but the arrangement shown works perfect on our 342.
    A sun shade can be improvised by rubber banding the GPS front cover against the top of the unit,