Recently Purchased 1988 Rinker Fiesta Vee 250

Hi all,

I have spent a few days looking at all of your posts. I just recently purchased a very babied 1988 Fiesta Vee 250 from a close family friend. He's gotten to the point where his age is stopping him from being able to enjoy the boat due to its size. I currently own a 1999 Bayliner Capri (also babied).. Just not big enough for the boating i like to do....Caught the footage fever!!

I purchased the boat and trailer for a song..and am now planning pull it from the thousand islands to my home in Rochester NY. The boat was winterized last year, and then re winterized this year. Recently had gimbal bearing replaced. The boat did not go in the water last year.. or run at all. Both the original owner, and the mechanic say she needs just a little elbow grease (cleaning) to come back to life. Im skeptical.. but for the price its a chance I'm willing to take. 

Anybody know where I can get manuals... reproduction parts and pieces?

Thanks for all the great info in this forum... Ive yet to see an owner with a boat this "aged" on here but Im banking on the fact the systems havent changed TOO much. ANY info you guys have or may come across would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,737Member, Moderator mod
    Welcome to the forum!  Would love to see some pictures!  I can't say I've seen too many Rinkers from the 80's or older.  Sounds like you have some good times planned!  Not sure you'll be able to get much specific paperwork on her (heck, there isn't a lot even on newer models), but I'm sure you can gain some good knowledge on here that will help.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 2,924Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Posts: 5,861Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BigWeekend88 - don't take this the wrong way but - I'd love to see some pictures of your 88!
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,548Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, let's see where your starting from! You will find plenty of folks here that claim they know what they are talking about to help you through it....JK guys. Lot's of good info but for that old, your just going to have to ask the right questions.

Good luck and welcome aboard!
    @rasbury, no matter what age she is it's ALWAYS about asking the RIGHT qiestions!!!!!
    MT, let's stay on the topic of boats here now.  :-)  (JK)

@DI - brother, I think we are on the topic of boats .....we "older guys" know the value of treating both of our "girls" right!
    MT, you are definitely right!

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 3,548Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'll drink to that!
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,277Moderator mod
    11:30 here and already having a Capt-n-Coke.....lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 5,124Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream! You are becoming quite the Rinker website Nazi!  LOLLOLO
    :D Thanks Handy!  I'd like to think I was born with it!

Yeah, you and Ray are quite the pair.
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,277Moderator mod
    That's right and dont forget it.........lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
    Hey guys, this thread has been fun for sure but as DI said a while back we need to see if anyone has any info for BigWeekend88.....don't worry BW88 we'll get back to you. the guys are probably looking things up for you. I am. Sometimes we get sidetracked a bit on our threads but it's always in good fun, for good fun and usually productive LOL....so what have we got for BW88. I don't think there will be any factory information at this point. Anyone have some data or remember a thread in the archives for an '88 FV 250?
  • BigWeekend88BigWeekend88 Posts: 52Member ✭✭
    You guys are Great! To be honest, I didn't even think id get a response!

Got a good laugh reading these!...Im supposed to go pick her up any day now. The marina up in snug harbor got the trailer road worthy for me (New bearings all around, 4 new tires, lights, etc all for under $800- Lets just hope the weather holds out...

ill get some pics once I get her indoors and unwrap her... 

Heres a link to a boat LIKE it, though mine is blue.. and supposedly in better shape!

Hey- Just so you don't figure this weath of knowledge you all can offer me is one sided.- A great family friend, John Coleman develops AMAZING products for cleaning and protecting your boats.. all eco friendly. 16 or so years in the industry. Id bet some of you guys already have heard of him...http://www.boatbrite.com/ ...Watch the videos. Absolutely insane what he can do with teak and gelcoat.

Cheers all! Hope you had a great holiday, and Happy new year!

PICS TO COME!

PS.. the link didnt show up... Hover over "heres a link to a boat like it" and you should be able to click through...
    Went and picked her up from Snug Harbor today... Rented a building indoors and will be unwrapping her tomorrow! Ill be posting progress pics from start to finish!! 

Upgrades so far:
    -4 New tires
    -Full bearing kits all around
    -2 New hubs 
    -Rewired lights

Rinkers even look good under shrink wrap!!!!! Can't wait for the pictures! Congratulations. Noticed the matching colors of both rides! :-)
    What is that white stuff? LOL
    Im stoked guys... Pics to come! 
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Posts: 350Member ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity-is your Silverado a 1/2 ton with the 5.3 V8? And what is the estimated weight of the boat/trailer combo? I ask because I have a Tahoe, but I may upgrade to a Silverado HD or Sierra HD 6.0 liter w/6 spd trans to better tow a larger boat than our current 246 Captiva (another case of 2 footitis!)
  • pault1216pault1216 Indianapolis, INPosts: 166Member ✭✭
    I had a '92 FV260 purchased new (miss it). Boat on a steel tandem trailer with low fuel, water, and accessories was 7300 pounds on truck stop scales.
    @Glassguy54 Yes, My truck is a 2015 1500 with a 5.3 V8....The boat is supposedly 4000lbs dry...id bet the trailer is another thousand. The truck didnt even squat, but the boat is balanced pretty well on the trailer. Even without working surge brakes I had no problem going from cape vincent to spencerport NY. (I wouldnt want a steady diet of it though).... Believe it or not i made the WHOLE trip on a single tank of gas (5 hours total)
    Well, I unwrapped her but in my excitement I didnt get a true "before pic of the inside"...The Engine is spotless and only 1000 hours. The exterior will likely clean up easy, though Im going to have one of my customers wrap the outside and redo the pinstripe. Vinyl will clean up good enough for this year... Only one rip that I can see...Teak will come back will a bit of effort..anyway..check it out! Im Stoked!!
    The pics of the seats is what they look like AFTER treating them!! More to come! Enjoy!
    @BW88, thanks for all the pics, you are going to have so much fun with that boat! Take some shots of the engine/engine bay when you get a minute. Bet you can hardly wait for Spring! :-)
    @Michael T Wait till you guys see her finished :)
    edited January 2016
    @BigWeekend88 - I really like the layout of the FV 250 and they run real nice too! A lot of room for a boat that size and real solid. With a little bit of elbow grease that boat will be amazing! What a great winter you are going to have with that baby!
    Now thats a project!