2004 250FV- Transom door latch receiver needed

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get the part that mounts to the seat side that the latch fits into?  The rubber insert fell out and the latch rattles like crazy when underway.

Thanks!

Comments

• LakeOzLakeOz Lake of the Ozarks, MOPosts: 8Member

amajamar - having the same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?  Was thinking the hardware store might have a grommet that could work.

• Michael TMichael T Posts: 5,973Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home Depot has upright swivel bins in their hardware section where the nuts, screws, bolts etc. are. These bins usually have a large selection of plastic end caps in white red and black of various diameters that are about 5 cents each. MT
  • LakeOzLakeOz Lake of the Ozarks, MOPosts: 8Member

Thanks, Michael - that's actually where I was planning to go tonight.  Appreciate the help.

• PartsManPartsMan Fairport OhioPosts: 245Member ✭✭✭

Stop at a local auto parts store ... ask for Dorman 42058 .... fits perfect and should only cost a couple bucks

• BruceBruce KansasPosts: 167Member ✭✭
    Wow great tip. I have the exact same boat with the exact same problem. I just got the part from NAPA, their part number is 6301041, same part as the Dorman 42058. I will put it on tonight and see how it fits.
     Thanks guys for the info.
    2004 250 FV 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,017Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup: that Toyota PCV valve gasket is the solution!

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Thank you PartsMan, and I couldn't agree more with Black Diamond. I installed the grommet last night and it worked perfect. The latch is a little snug in it which will absolutely stop the rattle. The part from NAPA auto parts store cost $3.32 and took about 2 minutes to install. 
    Amajamar, thanks for bringing this topic up.
     Bruce
    2004 250 FV 
  • JohnnyCakeJohnnyCake Helsinki, FinlandPosts: 29Member ✭✭
    Do you have a picture of the part? I would like to find one of those from somewhere here in Finland..
    Johnny, I hope this helps
    2004 250 FV 
  • gslprogslpro Lake Winnipesaukee, NHPosts: 222Member ✭✭✭
    I ordered mine on ebay and got it in 4 days.  less than $5 shipped to my doorstep.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • JohnnyCakeJohnnyCake Helsinki, FinlandPosts: 29Member ✭✭
    Bruce, thanks. I will search for that. It's easier to ask for that with the picture..

• FDNY49FDNY49 Flushing, NYPosts: 101Member ✭✭
    Most auto supply stores carry the Toyota. 
  • gackgack Long Island, NYPosts: 230Member ✭✭✭
    2.99 on Amazon and free shipping with Prime.
  • J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,300Member ✭✭✭
    Links people!  Haha, weird that we all have this issue at the same time! 
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Washington, DCPosts: 1,090Member ✭✭✭
    Exact one I bought and it fits beautifully.  Thanks all
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270