Bimini support strap

bat32bat32 Posts: 161Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in Rinker Support Q&A
Ok, so today while anchoring at the beach the Admiral and her sister decided to put up the Bimini top.  Well up the top went and over board went the bottom part of one of the support straps.  The plug in buckle must have come undone and we found out the hard way that the strap doesn't float.  So I go to find a replacement online and can not find a single one that fits the design of our top.  Please help.   All I can find are ones with either a D ring or a small hook at the end that attaches to the top and we need just a loop stitched in the webbing.  Does Rinker carry these straps?
Post edited by bat32 on

·

Best Answer

Answers

• mvnmvn Uxbridge, OntarioPosts: 505Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    You can always ask TJ.    @boattech01
    Post edited by mvn on
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    ·
  • BoatAwayBoatAway DCPosts: 179Member ✭✭✭
    got a picture?
    ·

If you look on page 55 of the attached catalogue, I believe you need the side release buckle shown.  If you get this strap...

http://www.iboats.com/Seadog-Bimini-Strap/dm/cart_id.303337974--session_id.696110148--view_id.39808

then any upholstery or top shop can stitch the buckle on.

Mark

Mark

·
  • trich11trich11 Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭
    You can contact Ameritex. They manufacture tops for Rinker.
    ·
  • bat32bat32 Posts: 161Member ✭✭✭

Wow Mark! thanks for the research!!  I did see a couple of nice straps with the upgraded hooks but like you said; I would have to have an upholsterer stitch on the buckle.  If I have an upholster stitch it I probably will just have them make a loop in the end so I can just girth hitch it around the top bar and negate the buckle all together.  Not sure why they made this a two piece strap I the first place (any one with camper canvas please chime in).   On top of it, the strap was an off white so I will have to replace both if I can't get a factory replacement.  Ugh!

I am going to see if Ameritex has anything today if I can get a hold of them.

·

Don't forget to give TJ (Boattech01) on this site a shout as well.  He may have extra straps.

Mark

·
    Yeah I will be contacting him as well as Rinker I just need to find everyone's contact info now.

·
    edited June 2013

Just post to this thread.

http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/308/rinker-canvas#latest

Rinker Parts Dept.....email Malary at mwagner@nauticglobalgroup.com

Mark

Post edited by mvn on
    ·
    OK.... Message left with Ameritex, and emails out to TJ and Rinker.   I have my fingers crossed.

·
    Thank Trich.  I will email them right now.

·
    Ok so here's the update.  I did get an email from all three vendors.  Ameritex was the quickest and cheapest (for the two that gave me pricing).  It was $14 for the strap however there is a minimum amount of $25 for them to ship anything (so I bought 2).   Rinker did reply back today with a nice email at a price of $28 per strap.  TJ answered back initially right away with some pertinent questions however never responded back to my answers.  So now you know where you can get these straps if you have a mishap like we did.  Believe me I have everyone's emails saved for the future.

·

Excellent info.  Thanks.  Glad you found a source.

Mark

·
    I couldn't have done it with your guys help. THANKS!!!!!!!

·