De Winterize

yetiyeti Lake of the Ozarks, MissouriPosts: 41Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Engine Discussions
My boat floats year round.  Due to my latitude, I still have to winterize.  I hired the winterization, but i want to try to put it back together myself this year.  Because it floats, it's winterized differently than a boat that's out of the water or on a lift.   I believe I need to; 1) Re-attach two hoses 2) Put two blue plugs back in sea water pump and third plug in lower left front of engine where water drains.  Did I leave anything out?  where is the extra hose clamp from?

Comments

• yetiyeti Lake of the Ozarks, MissouriPosts: 41Member ✭✭
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,414Member, Moderator mod
    Well, depending on your configuration, off the seawater pump, you may have one red hose that may be disconnected about 2-3 feet back (near back side of engine).  That one does not take a hose clamp, it has a built in thinga-majigy that clamps two hoses together.  Now, there is another hose on the seawater pump, it could be off and the hose clamp could be for that.  Or, it could be for a hose going to a seacock.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• skennellyskennelly ChicagoPosts: 885Member ✭✭✭
    @yeti Maybe your water heater hose?  That clamp looks like it's 3/4"...not many hoses that size that I can think of would be removed for winterizing.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    Looks like you did more posting after I commented.  So, you found the red hose.  If it is not the other on the seawater pump, do you have any seacocks that are missing a hose?  Do you have a generator?

edited March 2017

do have both a generator and a water heater. definitely not the other end of the red hose. clamp too small.

No, it wouldn't be the red hose, it could be the black hose on the seawater pump (next to other end of red hose).  Could be for generator as well.  Definitely look at all seacocks.

To which black hose are you referring, Dream Inn III?  I hope you can see this schematic I've attached.

on that schematic, there are two spots on the back where the hoses connect.  One is the red one and then a black one does as well.  And yes, the blue plug goes where you marked on the drawing.

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,068Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is a hose that goes from the block to the water heater, if its not the genny. You'l find out quickly after you start it.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,364Member ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you put an o-ring on the blue caps one is missing.hose clamp looks like hot water tank probably looped it around?
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,711Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good point, blue caps drip with no o ring.
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser