NGK 7164 - TR55IX Iridium Spark Plugs Merc 350 Mag and 496 Mag/H.O.

Mightys4Mightys4 Upstate, NYPosts: 25Member ✭✭
New in the box NGK 7164 spark plugs, I purchased them to replace the plugs in my 350 MAG but sold the boat before I got to it.  New boat has Volvo's that take a completely different plug.  Merc and other sources recommend these for the Merc 496's as well.  Its a performance plug but I wanted them for the long life Iridium provides.

Full set of 8, I won't split them up.

They run $6-15 online...  

I'd like $40.00 and I'll ship the set for free in the USA.

Comments

• Mightys4Mightys4 Upstate, NYPosts: 25Member ✭✭
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 240Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    Great deal! Those are $6.99 each here locally. I wish I knew if I needed them or not. I dropped my boat off in Phoenix today getting the swim platform installed. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,887Member, Moderator mod
    Hmmmm, wonder if they'd work in my 496'?  I'm probably coming up on due, but it'd be good to have spare either way.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• TrashmanTrashman New Jersey/ philaPosts: 374Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    I'll take them if they are available. 

** oops, just noticed the other posts.  I'm interested if dream passes.  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 3,887Member, Moderator mod
    @trashman you can take them.  I'm not sure what I need (I'm sure I'll regret later).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,304Member ✭✭✭
    How much do we have to switch sparkplugs? I used to do it every year on my old boat engine, was thinking maybe this newer 383 wouldn't need it as much..?
    Dream_Inn said:
    @trashman you can take them.  I'm not sure what I need (I'm sure I'll regret later).
    Ok cool,  I responded earlier on my phone while I was in the middle of something and didn't see your post.  I'll take them as soon as the seller contacts me.  Thanks.  
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,361Moderator mod
    J3ff said:
    How much do we have to switch sparkplugs? I used to do it every year on my old boat engine, was thinking maybe this newer 383 wouldn't need it as much..?
    I do my plugs every other year and the water pump impellors on the years I dont do the plugs.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • Mightys4Mightys4 Upstate, NYPosts: 25Member ✭✭

Trashman,

I'm sorry for the delay, I sent you a PM!

The plugs were delivered today, thanks.   ...love new boat parts