Lets see your pets out on the Rinker

aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 419Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in General Boating Questions
imageI posted this on the old forum and figured it would be fun to start it here. Lets see pics of your pets out on your Rinker! This is Zoe, Miss Rinker 2012 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Post edited by aero3113 on
·

Comments

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Louisville KyPosts: 915Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Molly

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
    ·
  • RoadrageRoadrage Posts: 6Member
    Woody
    Best Fishin Buddy Ever.
    13yr old Havanees .
    080.jpg 315.6K
    ·
  • RoadrageRoadrage Posts: 6Member
    Another
    ·
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Sarasota, FlPosts: 1,431Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Great idea Aero. Those are some fine pooches. Geeze Boomer that's a great shot. Whatta mug.

Here's the seadawg/dustmop, Dixie a dachshund/sheitzu. Acclimated to the boat better than any dog I've owned and we raised labs for years.

Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    ·
  • john744john744 Posts: 34Member ✭✭

My two Girls on THEIR 2002 FV 310  "pair*a*dox"

John & Kathy

2002 FV 310 "pair*a*dox"

·
  • john744john744 Posts: 34Member ✭✭

My two Girls on THEIR 2002 FV 310  "pair*a*dox"  (sorry for double post, had trouble with photo)image

0000.gif 249.6K

John & Kathy

2002 FV 310 "pair*a*dox"

·
  • jonrobinson84jonrobinson84 Posts: 6Member
    My mini blue heeler and his Fiesta Vee 266 and a friends captiva 232
    image.jpg 2.1M
    ·
  • gslprogslpro Lake Winnipesaukee, NHPosts: 193Member ✭✭✭
    Our English Lab, Bonnie.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
    ·
  • gslprogslpro Lake Winnipesaukee, NHPosts: 193Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Post edited by gslpro on
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
    ·
  • MadcowMadcow Twin Lakes, WiPosts: 48Member ✭✭
    PartsMan said:

Our two min Dachshunds

Parts Man-

How do you like the vest the Dachshund is wearing ?

I need to get a vest for my Jack Russell because he drinks to much water when in the lake and hoping it would keep his head higher. But all of the vest we saw at West Marine the straps or the bottom of the vest were rubbing on his junk.

Boat: 2004 232 Capitva CC

Boat Name: Mixed Nutz

·
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 282Member admin
    And let's hope that's the end of that particular thread....hah!
    ·
  • PartsManPartsMan Posts: 151Member ✭✭✭

Madcow

We don't have any issues with them, going on our 4th season with the oldest. Our tan pup loves to swim so I like to have a life vest on for piece of mind.

DSC00421.JPG 164.7K
    ·
    Our Molly is probably the smartest one on the boat she won't get in without her life jacket, when she wants is she scratches her paw at her jacket. If she doesn't want in and you try to put it on her she says Grrrrrrrr............

·
    Aero asked us to post pics of our pets "out" on our Rinkers so I couldn't resist.

We'll call it "95* in the shade on Memorial wknd" 

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    ·
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Posts: 282Member admin
    Nice!
    ·
  • BoatAwayBoatAway DCPosts: 179Member ✭✭✭
    john744 said:

My two Girls on THEIR 2002 FV 310  "pair*a*dox"  (sorry for double post, had trouble with photo) 

now your boat name makes so much sense to me! they're cute!

all the dogs on here are cute....

·
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 1,506Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    If there is anyone local to my area that needs a life jacket for a full size dog, I have one I can give away.  It is brand new (used once, if that I think).  My lab didn't want anything to do with it and she is 16+ years old now (stays home)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

·
  • logansrun6logansrun6 Posts: 2Member
    My Lab is not allowed on my boat....Don't feel like cleaning the hair out and the kids won't do it.
    ·
  • FamilyTrucksterFamilyTruckster Posts: 6Member
    Do any of you worry about the claws on the seats?  I do, so no dog on boat (yet).
    ·
    Do any of you worry about the claws on the seats?  I do, so no dog on boat (yet).
    Keep em trimmed we have a small dog around 20# no problem she loves the boat and the lake but she has no use for the pool at home.

·
    We raised labs for the local seeing eye chapter and yeah you gotta love the hair especially when they're blowin' their coats Yikes. Mine were 2nd hand fish that'd be in the water no matter what color it was. We live in the country so slimy green and stinky was their fav. Nothing like the smell of a wet lab on a hot summer day in a tight room. whoa man

I'd agree with boomer on keeping the claws trimmed and yes smaller is better. My dox/sheitzu mix is a great boat dawg that doesn't shed or stink but my heavier Corgi is just on the border line in size(and really isn't a water lover anyway) and smells like death when wet and hot....and then there's the hair everywhere too.
    ·
  • JoeStangJoeStang Metro DetroitPosts: 519Member ✭✭✭
    First time out on the boat for our lab!

We just keep his nails trimmed and smooth, and we are going to put down a towel or something on a section of the seat so he has a "spot". I have to figure out a good way to get him on the boat via the swim platform though, because I dont like him jumping from the sunpad to the dock.

Yeah the hair all over the kinda sucks, but I have electrical at the dock and just bought a small shop vac so it'll get picked up once a week. It helps alot to brush him with the 'furminator' right before heading out too. Plus, its a boat its not supposed to be clean every second, and he sits home all alone 8hours a day during the week, so I'd feel guilty as **** never taking him out. :)
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    ·
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 419Member ✭✭✭
    Zoe loves sniffing the salt air, I call her my navigator :) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
  • Robyw1Robyw1 Cypress TXPosts: 53Member ✭✭
    Bailey enjoying the sun on the 232 Captiva :)
    ·
  • Capt RonCapt Ron Georgian Bay, Ontario Posts: 212Member ✭✭✭
    Here is our little guyimage
    ·
  • JoeStangJoeStang Metro DetroitPosts: 519Member ✭✭✭
    Just after spending our first day on Lake Huron. He has a blast on the boat all the time. :)
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    ·
  • Lifes GoodLifes Good Posts: 419Member ✭✭✭
    River and Izzy out for the count! after a long run with the engines roaring they are zapped.
    ·
    Guide dawg Dixie and the Admiral on labor day weekend near Bradenton Fl

·