U-Line Cockpit Ice Maker

wm61356wm61356 Posts: 28Member ✭✭
The U-Line icemaker in my 2009 Rinker 320 does not get cold. I have power to the unit, and when the unit is switched on the condenser fan operates but the compressor does not come on. Has anyone on the forum encountered a similar problem, and if you have, can you advise as to how to diagnose and repair the problem?  I called U-line hoping to get some trouble shooting advice, but all they would tell me was that it could be caused by several issues ranging from a low refrigerant charge to an electrical problem. I hope that the unit can be repaired as the cost of a new one is quite high. Additionally, if anyone has had to replace their U-Line ice maker please let me know if you found a comparable but les expensive unit that fit the opening in the 320's cockpit wet bar that the current U-line fits into. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comments

• Banned2Banned2 Posts: 2,567Member ✭✭✭✭
    Post the model number. I need to look at the schematic.
  • wm61356wm61356 Posts: 28Member ✭✭
    It is a U-Line BI95
  • Banned2Banned2 Posts: 2,567Member ✭✭✭✭
    I could not find a wiring diagram on line. Do you have a book on the unit? The best thing to do is pull it out and see if you have voltage to the compressor terminals. If so, its shot. If not it could be the thermostat. You could buy a new one for $900. Cheap for a boat!
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 1,566Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Get a service tech to look at it. They might be able to find the refrigerant leak and repair and charge the unit. That is of course its a low or not refrigerant problem. Also if its the compressor the tech can replace that also cheaper than a new unit. Good luck and keep us posted.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC POPYC Revere MA.