ONLY at Rinker - a TRULY "Class Act" - "Family Oriented" Organization

Michael TMichael T Posts: 1,380Member ✭✭✭✭
If I have posted this to the wrong thread on this forum I apologize, profusely. It IS a cruisers comment but also a Rinker comment - one that I believe demonstrates why we form such strong bonds with our Rinkers!  Because I was slated for knee surgery yesterday (Friday the 13th !), because December 12th was the 10 anniversary of my battle with bone marrow cancer and because my birthday is today (December 14th) the Admiral had a plan. Unbeknownst to me she had contacted Randy Rinker a few months ago on her private e.mail address and asked him if he would consider taking some pictures of the building of our 2014 Rinker 360 for my scrap book. She knew it would make for one of my best birthdays ever. Because of the obvious confidentiality issues of taking pictures in a factory and also of not violating workers' privacy by photographing them at work, the Admiral didn't think there was realistically much hope of this happening. Randy responded that he would see what he could do. When I woke up this morning there were a dozen pictures of our new Rinker EC 360 in various states of build on my e.mail. To say that I am thrilled would be the understatement of the year in this house......and I'm so lucky that I always have a lot to be thrilled about! That Randy Rinker took the time from his busy schedule and went to all the effort of taking a series of pictures - while making sure not to run afoul of anyone's privacy rights - has impressed me beyond words. I can not think of another boat executive who would even consider doing something like this! It re-affirms my belief in superb business practices and speaks to a long gone (except at RINKER) model of customer care. On top of this, Randy had earlier told me that he could arrange for a number of special features on our boat. He moved the Axius from the arm rest area to the top of the helm - in a perfect location to maximize its effectiveness for docking! He arranged for the installation of Ray Marine's new touch screen/hybrid chart plotter. I could go on and on. Today's pictures of the construction of our Rinker are just one more example of why I have purchased so many Rinkers for decades now. Rinker personnel are truly a CLASS ACT and RINKER BOATS puts FAMILYS FIRST. Randy - I can not thank you enough! Bless you! It will be Tacos and champagne tonight at this house! ..... BTW we should receive our new 360 in a few days. It will be put into a big heated storage workshop, allowed to rise to room temperature, have a laser system mark the waterline on the hull, have the mold wax removed, the hull lightly sanded, three barrier coats sprayed on and then a final premium epoxy barrier coat sprayed on - by the best gel coat man around. All I need now is for the summer boating season to arrive. Thank you Randy! Thank you Rinker! ONLYat RINKER would this have happened! :-) MT
Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• RinkerYanRinkerYan Solomons, MDPosts: 1,705Member ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should call that surveyor who bad mouthed Rinker and take him with you to pick up the boat!
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 1,943Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    RY- I think that was a different thread about a guy buying a used boat in TX.

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 1,380Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Hey RY I would have had the surveyor "on the carpet" or is it "on deck"? a long time ago but BD is correct that the guy was looking at another guy's boat - I think it was for Rasbury?- and - I think was in the southern USA?. Not a bad memory for an old geezer on pain meds - right? Wait until the "birthday" champagne hits the mix tonight! Oh Yeah - It'll be RINKER TIME all right! The old fight songs and everything! P.S. At the end of a long day on the water - we either ring the bell or blast the horn 3 times. That's to let all the other pu**y  boaters know that its RINKER TIME - hide the kids and lock up the pets as the Real "Rinker" Men (under the supervision of their Admirals) are on deck! :-) MT 
  • markbellinomarkbellino Oakville, OntarioPosts: 586Member ✭✭✭
    Way to go Randy. I honestly believe I will never look at another brand. My Rinker has served me well. It's a well built boat.

Mark Bellino

Boat Name: King Kong

"Its all a-bout a-boat."

Me too although limited models is a negative. 
    edited December 2013
    Hey RY, I noticed that the line-up changes were happening at other companies too. A marina owner I know who carries, Rinker, Chaparal and Cruisers brands of "cruising boats" thinks the big builders are starting to carve-out very specific size classes for themselves. He opined that the day of a builder building 18' fishing boats to 45' cruisers is almost gone. They simply can't afford to maintain market share and quality in a big line-up. As well it is getting harder and harder to find knowledgable personnel for multi boat line ups. In his opinion the multi unit line-ups we are used to are going to be replaced by less choice. He felt that having a line-up that increased in boat sizes at about 2.5 feet per boat was just too expensive to maintian. My opinion is that Rinker will freshen the 360 for 2015 or 2016 to make the helm look more like the 310s. As well the new 360 will get electronic switch up-grades for battery,house and engine selection like the 310. I think the 340 and 260 will be gone and I fear the 400 may not return either. I can see Rrinker making most of the smaller boats , exceptaybe the mtx line-up, consolidatingf some of the others and for cruisers making the 290, stretching the 310 a couple of feetand keeping a freshened 360 with diesel options. MT
    I wish they made a boat that you can fish on and weekend. Like a Tiara. They would capture more of the market that way. 
    hey RY - You're probably right. Rinker used to have a version of the 360 that was pretty well set-up for fishing. Sear Ray (sorry to swear on our site) used to have  good allround fish boat too. The owner of the marina we have a slip at has one, it is called an amberjack. I think it is around 33 feet long - it has a big open cockpit and a lot of beam. MT
    Yes, Searay has the Amberjack but very few in Diesel!
    edited December 2013
    Amberjack is a great fishing/weekend boat. All Rinker has to do is have a fold up stern bench. It's the only thing that really gets in the way when I fish on my boat. RY you should check my setup. Good for up to 7 rods in the water. 2 on riggers, 3 dipseys, 2 on boards with torpedo weights. My smartcraft gauge has troll control to maintain a good trolling speed. Have a nice fishfinder and a down temp probe as well. Nice thing is I can take everything off and stow away and you wouldn't ever guess it is fishing boat. Took me 2 years to get it to this level. I am happy now. :)
    Post edited by markbellino on

Mark Bellino

"Its all a-bout a-boat."

That is what we liked about the older Sea rays. You could remove the rear bench seat so you have more room to fish. I put rod holders on the bumper storage rail and one by each engine vent intake. I'm fairly happy but would like to see a pic of your rod holders!
    edited December 2013

RY,

Here are some pics, notice scotty rod holders can be removed, and only the small base is left. Hardly noticeable. The rigger has a quick release and all comes off, only leaving a thin aluminum base plate behind. When all is stowed, the cruiser asthetics arent tarnished.:

Portside Rods:

Portside Rods photo rods1_zpsc222b573.jpg

Starboard Rods and Downrigger:

Starboard Rods photo rods2_zps2ea0d13c.jpg

Transom Rod Stowage:

Transom Rods photo rods3_zps2b185b29.jpg

Post edited by markbellino on

Mark Bellino

"Its all a-bout a-boat."

260 EC

Mark Bellino

"Its all a-bout a-boat."

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 449Member ✭✭
    Yes, that was my "surveyor" who bad mouthed the Rinker brand...not to happy. This might have been a good boat but he would not complete the survey but happy to take my 400 bucks for his trouble. Live and learn.  I also had an experience with Randy- I was just starting my search for a boat and was looking at Rinker. I was looking at a particular year and not being familiar with what was standard and what was optional, I sent an email to Rinker asking if they could provide me a list of standard equipment for a 2004.  Not only did I get the info, it was from Randy! He knew I was looking for a used boat but had the forsight to realize I might one day be a buyer on a new one and helped me out.  Little does he know I won't live long enough to afford a new one but here I am talking up praise for the brand, perhaps he has even more forsight than I give him credit for!
    Ras, I think Randy is a saavy guy for sure, but I believe he also loves boats and is real proud of the Rinker line. What I like best about him is that you can tell him there is a problem with some part of your boat and he doesn`t get defensive - he realises that nothing is perfect and he trys whenever he can to make things right with his boats. MT
  • MankMank OhioPosts: 22Member
    I had trouble with the dealer and them not living up to taking care of warranty items on my 2013 246BR which I bought new from them.  But in contacting Randy, he worked with my marina and shipped the parts to them and then sent me a check for the labor.  Although the Rinker dealer I dealt with seemed only concerned about making sure I was happy before he got all his money for the boat, then after that it was as if I was a bother to ask any questions, and most of the time he would not even return my calls.  Reminds me of dealing with the contractor and subs when building a house ,always make sure you get everything done before paying in full when building a house or buying a boat.
  • unikguyunikguy Posts: 12Member

I purchased a 2013 360ec in August of 2012, and i must say, they really know how to take care of their customers.

Randy is an amazing person to deal with and always there for you. I have been taken care of extremely well and very happy to own a Rinker boat.

They stand behind their product a 1000 percent. I have absolutely no negative comments about Rinker whatsoever.

ALways there when you need them.

And I love boat. Best in its class. My opinion.