Hard time uploading web page

AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 378Member ✭✭✭
Anyone else having a hard time uploading the current web page?   I have not seen much action on the board lately.   Al
·

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 2,350Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been working here, I've not been on much though either: work and winter. lol

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", PC BYC, Holland, MI
    ·
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Sarasota, FlPosts: 1,431Member ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be loading ok for me......but I've been distracted too.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    ·
  • Capt RonCapt Ron Georgian Bay, Ontario Posts: 212Member ✭✭✭
    Al, I had the same problems as well.. It looks as if the site has under gone a major revamp... maybe our ID's got misplaced or inactive. I had to come in the back way through Google search to get in... this is why most people are not visiting the site right now.
    ·
  • BoatAwayBoatAway DCPosts: 179Member ✭✭✭
    my fingers are frozen solid so it's hard to type... 
    ·
  • Banned2Banned2 Posts: 2,567Member ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any issues.
    ·
  • seguirseguir Toronto Ontario CanadaPosts: 134Member ✭✭✭
    ·
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 1,854Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here Al, I can only get on the Forum by clicking on Captain Steve then clicking again on dock talk on his site. I wondered what was going on?! Figured it might have to do with the roll over of the new site. I also agree that there may be less traffic as some people just give up? MT
    ·
  • frenchshipfrenchship Québec ,CanadaPosts: 577Member ✭✭✭
    Every thing seems ok here to log in. Except not much action on the board.
    ·
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Louisville KyPosts: 915Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any problems connecting I check in a couple times a day just to see what's going on

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
    ·
  • Banned2Banned2 Posts: 2,567Member ✭✭✭✭
    Turn your computers off and do "disk cleanup" after you boot back up. I guess I am the only one with a Yanmar computer too!  :-B
    ·
    CC Cleaner works well and it's free 

·
    Shouldn't have to do that..nothing changed but the site itself... I'm still having problems getting into the site...Rinker should fix their site or we are going to lose more people. I hope Captain Steve is watching... a comment from him would be helpful.
    ·
    I'll send Steve a note

·
    I've opened this site in Chrome Firefox IE with no problems went to Google opened through that web site I can't find a problem.

·
    I have to log back in occasionally but certainly not a huge deterrent. I didn't even notice an update if there was one. As regular PC maintenance I do an update on my antivirus and run a scan weekly with a fresh re-boot.

I'm the kind of kook who also takes a shower weekly whether I need it or not :D
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    ·
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 1,854Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think I have found out what has happened to my Forum access. I am running two programs of Rinker Forum. One, which was the last time I logged-in before the Forum was up-dated and a new one now. So, when I try to log-on now my computer thinks I'm already on the Forum and denies me entry. It must have been a timing glitch during the forum up-date. I'll have to cancel out of the first program and initiate the new one. MT
    ·
    edited December 2013
    I solved the access problem by deleting the bookmark Rinkerboats.Ownersclub.com forum link and replacing it with rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com. It sounds like Rinker has outsourced this site to vanilla forums which offers forum software. Maybe some of the browsers will relink to the new forum and others don't. I use Firefox which didn't get redirected by the Rinker site. This could be the reason for many users not using the forum anymore. I still don't get any notifications if someone comments on a thread I'm watching even tough I changed the notifications options in my profile. Never had these issues with the old forum.
    Post edited by Capt Ron on
    ·
    No, we had OTHER giant problems...Like month long crashes and endless spam. This host has been ideal in most respects. Kudos to all the guys managing the regular maintenance.....especially for fending off the scum sucking spammers that virtually crippled the former site and prematurely aged our volunteer moderators.
    Just sayin'   Mike
    ·
    I had a wierd issue for the last 2 days..when I posted I got a message saying 'it will be posted when approved'.  Not sure what that was all about, but it cleared up.  Maybe I post too much  lol  B-)

·
  • AlswaggAlswagg Posts: 378Member ✭✭✭
    I finally got the page to load on a single click.  Had to switch my Favorites around to the Vanilla Forums.    Hmm.  I wonder how new  people will navaigate the page??? 
    ·
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 1,506Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have a question for anyone that maybe is using Windows 8.1 with IE 11.  I have that on a new laptop and a new tablet.  I have not been able to get them to work posting.  I keep getting "body is required" when I post.  What's up with that?  I have a message typed and it's there.  Help?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

·
    Might be ie 11 issues. I dumped windows 8 for ver 7 on a new laptop. 8 is a POS on a laptop.

·
    DI you should have gone to an Android tablet. Windblows 8 is solely responsible for the down turn in PC sales and the eventually destruction of the PC market... Everyone is going to either an Apple Ipad, Black Berry Play book or a Google tablet leaving the PC market in a major down turn. They all work fine with the site.
    ·

BD & Ron, I hear you guys.  First off, the laptop is touch screen, so it works ok with Win 8.  The reason i got the tablet that way is I can have MS office on both and settings for both can be identical & actually sync with each other.  So far I'm extremely happy with both.

Just wondering if anyone else may have had issues and could help.

·
    I run Win 8.1 on our home laptop using Firefox and access the site w/o any issues. I rarely use IE but I'll try tonight to see if I can duplicate your issue.

I was actually considering a new Windows based laptop/tablet system similar to what you're using so it'll be interesting. Honestly I've been an avid Android supporter but wouldn't mind migrating back to MS if it's functional.

I always link to the vanillaforums.com site too.
    ·
    Test

·
    Ok, I FOUND a little info on this with the CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG add on. Right now if I touch the top write tab first then I can type. There seems to be more info when I have more time.

·
  • bbender785bbender785 Dutton, MIPosts: 7Member
    Capt Ron said:
    "...I still don't get any notifications if someone comments on a thread I'm watching even tough I changed the notifications options in my profile."

this is what i'm trying to figure out.. is there a fix?  looked in all the spam folders in the email i use to no avail.

·
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 484Member ✭✭✭

I'm still getting the message saying "it will be posted when approved."  My browser is Chrome running in Windows 8.1.  Any suggestions?

Sometimes IE works when Chrome doesn't, but not always.

·
  • terrypageterrypage Hamble UKPosts: 109Member ✭✭

I look forward to reading the club issues daily here in the UK and have no problem loging on. Good luck.  Terry

·