Annual Rinker Owners Meeting

Banned2Banned2 Posts: 2,567Member ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone ever discussed having an annual meeting somewhere? It would have to be after the boating season and somewhere warm! Wouldn't have to be anything fancy. Somewhere in the middle of the country. Dallas? Thoughts? 
·

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 1,704Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    I'm up for Florida.  There's enough FL owners that we could just bum a ride while we are there. <:-P

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

·
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Sarasota, FlPosts: 1,431Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sarasota/Tampa/Orlando or even better Miami or the upper Fl Keys during the humongous Miami boat show would be my 2c. I've met a few of the Northern team and it sure seems like a great idea to have a midwinter event with sand and palms to keep those frozen spirits encouraged. If you build it, they will come .......
     Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    ·
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Palmetto, FLPosts: 374Member ✭✭✭

Great idea Mr Yan!

If it were anywhere on the West side of FL, we would likely arrive by boat.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

·
  • Banned2Banned2 Posts: 2,567Member ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like we are getting much interest here. 
    ·
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 2,500Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pick FL over TX.

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", PC BYC, Holland, MI
    ·
  • MarkBMarkB OntarioPosts: 1,643Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'd pick FL over TX too.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

·
    So we will all meet in South Beach at the Miami boat show! Maybe MT will splurge for the Hotel rooms!
    ·
    Or maybe, the lone one running diesels can spring for rooms with all the money saved over ones with gassers. lol. =))

·
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 1,985Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hey BD - RY is still trying to to find a way to pay for winterizing those diesels - we can take up a collection for his room. Maybe he'll see the light in Miami and get a gasser?  :-)  MT
    ·
    Hey, I just open up 3 drain valves and its done! MT, cant you be a little more generous with all those cards you have?
    ·
    Just booked my trip to Miami for the Boat show and Valentines day. See you there MT!!!! And anyone else that may be going. Al? BD? Tiki? Tony?
    ·
    edited October 2013
    Fair enough. I'll be there. I'll be looking for a guy who smells like diesel fuel with pockets full of extra cash :D Oh wait that's almost everybody there.... Not sure if it'll be a day trip for us from the west coast or if we'll get a room or maybe park the boat in the upper Keys near Islamorada and just hop up to the show. Should be interesting to see how it plans out.

It's a huge show and every imaginable mfg is there. Then there's S Beach, The keys, The nightlight, the beaches, it's all within reach.

(MIAMI BOAT SHOW LINK)

Feb 13-17 2014. Valentines day.......she'll be so happy...UH...I'll bring some jewelry just in case. ;)

Tiki Mike

EDIT: check out pg 53 of the show program (LINK TO PG 52-53) and then the rest of everything...
    Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    ·
    As long as we can take off (no snow) we will be there Saturday for the show. Staying in South Beach.  :x
    ·
  • MadcowMadcow Twin Lakes, WiPosts: 49Member ✭✭
    How about Chicago :0)

Boat: 2004 232 Capitva CC

Boat Name: Mixed Nutz

·
    Not going there in the winter unless BO is there in which case I will....... nevermind  LOL
    ·
    Chicago would be nice, a shot across the lake in the summer, or a short drive.  Either way! 

·
    I don't know BD. Murder capital of the world? Summer would be good.
    ·
    You could lure a tropical guy to flee our proverbial broiling paradise in July/August if there was a summer rendezvous in a unique but quaint waterfront town that's somewhat centrally located in a northern spot with cool nights, cold beer and safe streets. Anything ringing a bell? Probably not Detroit or Chicago....

Maybe Rinker should host a customer appreciation weekend for it's awesome and loyal clients near their site..... :-?  :-? Regal hosts the local express cruisers club meeting (200+ members of every mfg) every month in their Orlando offices/factory and it's pretty nice product rolling off the line these days. Just sayin'.

I just noticed that some of the lifestyle promo pics that Steve posted recently (bikini babe) were taken down in Sarasota at our local Hyatt marina.....and they didn't even bother to call me.... :D  Maybe next time.
    ·
    edited October 2013

W Michigan is loaded with small town ports all boater friendly :)

Just so you know, there is really nothing in Detroit proper for boaters, move up the river however and it is a way different story.  Chicago waterfront is great actually.  If you like the smaller towns: South Haven, Saugatuck, Grand Haven are a boaters mecca..small towns, night life, great beaches (as in rated some of the top in the nation). 

Post edited by Black_Diamond on

·
    Im all for that Tiki and I may take my boat too! I figured 3 fillups round trip?  :D
    ·
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Palmetto, FLPosts: 374Member ✭✭✭

Two ideas, far away, but awesome.  #1 Charlevoix MI, #2 Frankfort, MI

Charlevoix is a paradise.  Know that from our 2010 trip.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

·
    Paradise sounds nice :D
    ·
    Charlevoix is a paradise. Spent many a summer up there.

·
  • JoeStangJoeStang Metro DetroitPosts: 554Member ✭✭✭
    I'd like to recommend Lk St Clair, but in reality not a ton of night life or scenic areas.

Lake Michigan is awesome with places like St Joseph, Saugatuck, and South Haven to name a couple. Sandy beaches line basically the entire shoreline, so its a beautiful area.

Its one of the reasons I hope to eventually get a trailer for my 276, it'd be really nice to spend a week or two on Lake Michigan.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    ·
    @Jtkz13: come on over!  :)

·
  • JoeStangJoeStang Metro DetroitPosts: 554Member ✭✭✭

I'd love to, but the boat ride over is a bit of a stretch for me right now. :O

As soon as I have a trailer Lake Michigan is probably my first trip planned.

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    ·
    I think you just need to meet rihght here in the Chesapeake.  We already have the biggest raft-up! <:-P  Could even do it near boat show time.

·
    Raft up? With all those gennys running at night? I wouldnt be able to rock the boat so to speak.  ;)
    ·
    RY, I don't run my genny at night - never in 14 years of boating have I ran it overnight.

·
    Yeah well we require things that need 110
    ·