FSBO: 2003 Rinker 342, 350 Bravo III, nav with autopilot - Alexandria VA

LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 325Member ✭✭✭
My 342 is up for sale. PRICE REDUCED TO $65K!

Beautiful boat, tons of options including full nav system with radar and autopilot.

·

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 2,299Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck selling her. I have the same year and been a great boat.

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", PC BYC, Holland, MI
    ·
  • Banned2Banned2 Posts: 2,567Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you getting many calls for the boat besides brokers? 
    ·
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 325Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.  I got one contact from boattrader, and one from ebay presenting an unreasonably low offer.  Neither of them responded to my counter-offers.  My original list price was too high, so I'm getting more aggressive with the price (dropped it $10K yesterday.)  

I will hate saying goodbye to this 342.  We've had ten great years together, and made a lot of memories.  I'm taking delivery Wednesday of a 2007 370 Express.  The new boat is exactly what we wanted:  it's just like our 342, only it's a little newer and a little bigger, and it fits in my slip.  
    ·
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 1,201Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck bro and keep us posted..........
    ·
    Any luck yet?
    ·
    I have two potential buyers, but no bona fide offers yet.  I've been out cruising with our new boat, so I haven't really been pushing it.  

If anybody is lurking on this on - please give me a call!
    ·
  • brianluckbrianluck baltimore marylandPosts: 174Member ✭✭✭
    Good luck, if I didn't just buy my boat last year I could have probably talked my wife into letting us look at it
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
    ·
    Bump: Just re-listed the boat on ebay.  $65K, negotiable.  This boat wants a new captain! 

·
    No luck yet????
    ·
    No solid offer yet.  I'm feeling more motivated now that I'm paying for two boats, two slips and two insurance policies!
    ·
    Sorry to hear that. Its the economy.....still isnt any better and now we have Syria and still high fuel prices!.
    ·
    Price reduced!  $63,499, negotiable.  
    ·
    Bump -- price reduced to $62,499.  

Please, don't contact me with offers of $40K or $50K.  I've already turned down many such offers.  I am willing to negotiate price, but not that far.  Compare this boat to the market -- it's a bargain!

Thanks!
    ·
    Give it up till the spring. FYI, I put my boat on CL, no calls. Just went fishing  LOL
    ·
    I'm not impressed with Craigslist.  I got one reply from an actual boat shopper, but mostly I got hounded by brokers offering to list the boat for me.  

So far, the number of inquiries I've received is:
    Craigslist: 1
    BoatTrader:  3
    Ebay:  15
    ·
    Out of those 19 calls, were they all legit? How many Listers called and how many buyers called?
    ·
    Hard to say. Most asked a question via ebay message, and after I responded, I never heard back from them.
    ·
    Well I know that's depressing. I went thru the same thing with my motorhome. Finally ended up trading it in and getting another loan to pay it off. It sucks.
    ·
  • Michael TMichael T Posts: 1,851Member ✭✭✭✭
    Holy Cow! RY - Two motorhomes (and a boat) - you must have a pile of cash too! Is it a diesel? :-) MT
    ·
    Two motorhomes? I just have a boat, well the admiral is an accountant ;)
    ·
  • explore7425explore7425 Newark, DEPosts: 101Member ✭✭✭
    I sold a 2004 342 in Oct. 2011 for 55k and it was real nice. I actually paid 55k for it in Sept. 2009.  Bought the same exact boat you just bought in Dec. 2011 for 110K with 52 hours. If it is nice and you price it right it will go. 
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
    ·
    Geez LaRea - GoodTimes and you! W're loosing our main guys! Good Luck - hope it works out for you! MT
    ·
    Not leaving - I just bought a 370, so the 342 has to go!  
    ·
    La Rea - OK. Good News. I missed the new purchase somewhere - a 370 - NICE!!!!! I was on a 400 - pretty sure that's the same boat as your 370 - it was friggin awesome. Lucky Guy! Congratulations! - MT
    ·
    Still no luck?
    ·
    Still for sale!  Had some strong interest, but did not close a deal.  I'm actually getting ready to haul and winterize today.  

I was really hoping she would sell before the end of the season.  I guess people's wallets are still a bit tender!
    ·
    That's cause they just opened up their insurance bills!
    ·
    Hah, that made me laugh!  I do have one serious offer for a few thou less than I'm willing to accept.  I think the boat would be great for him, but I don't have much price leverage this time of year.  
    ·
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 2,299Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we all back off the politics? Making my vow to avoid it on here. Too good a forum to mess it up. Peace. Out.

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", PC BYC, Holland, MI
    ·
    +1 
    ·