Have a 2007 246 Bowrider and the tow ring is different...

Just bought a 2007 246 Bowrider and the tow ring is embedded into the hull. I had a 2004 192 Bowrider and the ring was away from the hull about and inch or so. Now, ropes won't stay on the ring when you stop the boat. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Attached is the picture of the ring. The rope just isn't secure. Just sits on the ring when you are pulling someone and slides right off when you stop. 2007 246 Rinker Tow Ring - http://www.flickr.com/photos/96496137@N02/9297069594/ 2004 192 Rinker Tow Ring - http://www.flickr.com/photos/96496137@N02/8847868159/ Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• bat32bat32 Posts: 161Member ✭✭✭
    Do you cross the rope and the loop it back over or do you just hook it on?

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Louisville KyPosts: 916Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Aboard

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • collegeboatercollegeboater Posts: 6Member
    I just hook it on. There is no way to loop it around it because its embedded. :/
    I wish I had a pic but don't. The best I can explain is extend the loop past the hook and twist,  Then come back over the hook.  I have the same boat.  I know what you are talking about.  I won't be back on the boat for a couple days but I can take a couple pics if you want.

• mvnmvn Uxbridge, OntarioPosts: 528Member, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I liked the tow ring on the 192 like you described better than the ones on the 246/226. With a thinner rope, I do what @bat32 suggests but with thicker tube towing ropes, there's only space for a single loop. It's a PITA but you get used to it.

Mark
    Post edited by mvn on
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    bat32 said:
    I wish I had a pic but don't. The best I can explain is extend the loop past the hook and twist,  Then come back over the hook.  I have the same boat.  I know what you are talking about.  I won't be back on the boat for a couple days but I can take a couple pics if you want.
    That would be great! Thanks!!
    bat32 said:
    Did you happen to get those pictures? 
    -B
    No the weather has kept me away from the boat. I should be there this week when the lake settles down and the temps come up a little bit.

Alright thanks! 
    These were the best pics I could get.  It's hard to get a pic in that small of area.  But it is simply crossing the line, placing the x part over the hook then sliding the bight back over.  Holds pretty good for us.

• Petesmith07Petesmith07 Posts: 2Member
    I use the same loop as bat and have never had a problem.  I pull a 4 man tube with a bungee rope and have never had a slip.
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Cedar Rapids, IaPosts: 150Member ✭✭✭
    Yup. We do the same.
  • DZDZ Posts: 47Member ✭✭
    Huh. We just slip the loop over it and pull, and never had a problem, with 2 skis, slalom or a tube. Bat's idea does look good though! I thought it'd fall off all the time, but it's never been an issue.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 950Member ✭✭✭
    I do the same thing as Bat. Never had a problem.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
    Thanks bat! I really appreciate it! 
    No problem got those pics while cleaning up the boat from The previous weekend. Didn't get a chance when we came off the water (3 -5 ft seas with an occasional 7). Snapped them about 15 min before another severe thunderstorm rolled through the marina that day. This end of summer is brutal......